x
Beta Member

Online Store Feature Request: Allow customer to upload a photo

As I sell customised items, it would be fab if there was an option that we could add to certain listings that allow a customer to attach a photo or image that they would like used on their chosen item, ie a photo mug

Also, on the modifiers, could we have an option where the customer enters text, ie name to be printed on mug, they enter Chris

something along those lines

Many thanks

Chris Harding
Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @thecraftygs, thank you for reaching out! At the moment there isn't a way to attach a photo to the Note to Sellers box at checkout, but I'll definitely pass your suggestion to our Product team so they can look into this for future releases. 

In the meantime, you can leave a note on customised items and ask customers to perhaps email in their photo to you directly. 

On the modifier, you can definitely have it as a text box so customer can enter text or customised message.

When you go to create a modifier from your Item Library on the Online Store, you just need to select the Typing text into a textbox option, give it a label and make it a required field if applicable.

Modifier Text Box.png

Once you save it and apply it to a particular item, customers will see this option when to go to purchase!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @thecraftygs, thank you for reaching out! At the moment there isn't a way to attach a photo to the Note to Sellers box at checkout, but I'll definitely pass your suggestion to our Product team so they can look into this for future releases. 

In the meantime, you can leave a note on customised items and ask customers to perhaps email in their photo to you directly. 

On the modifier, you can definitely have it as a text box so customer can enter text or customised message.

When you go to create a modifier from your Item Library on the Online Store, you just need to select the Typing text into a textbox option, give it a label and make it a required field if applicable.

Modifier Text Box.png

Once you save it and apply it to a particular item, customers will see this option when to go to purchase!

Tra
Message 2 of 7

I'm looking for the same option as I offer customisable products but I see this message is nearly 1 year old, is there any update on having an upload document option?

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

I dont believe there is an update as the option is still not there, I feel like we could wait a while for a few features : (

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 4 of 7

Iโ€™m looking for the same option as I do engraving, pictures and text

Message 5 of 7

Is there any update on this? It would be incredibly useful for those of us who offer items that can be personalised. 

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hi @TeddyPassports, welcome to the Seller Community and thank you for following up on this! We don't have any update on this feature at the moment but I'll be sure to follow up as soon as I have more information to share.

In the meantime, if you're interested in testing out and trying new features, I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Message 7 of 7