x
Beta Member

Order Tickets - Auto Assign Ticket Numbers

Hi,

Would be great if the system could auto assign ticket numbers without wifi. We (pre-covid) traded at large music festivals and events where getting a signal is often difficult when 25,000+ people are also using wifi/4G and one issue we found is that not only can we not take card payments we can't use the till/ipad to auto assign ticket numbers without wifi. 

Could this not be done offline where the numbers 1 - 100 are stored locally on the device?

It is too time consuming to enter a name and too difficult to remember what number you are up when working at speed.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
Report Inappropriate Content
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hi @TheHorseTrailer, thank you for reaching out! At the moment in the UK, Square does require an internet connection at all time to work. We're working to bring the Offline Mode function to the market soon which should help with this issue. When I have a launch date, I will be sure to follow-up on this thread with you. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

Thanks Tranguyen, will this also be for offline payments? 

At the festivals and larger events, due to the number of people using the internet network, we can't accept card payments which is a shame. We only seem to be able to take these payments first thing in the morning or last thing in the evening.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 9
Admin

Offline Mode (which is currently available in the US) will let you take payments when there is no network available, so I think it'd address all the issues you are currently facing. It's a very popular feature request for us so hopefully I will have an update for you soon!

Tra
Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

Hi,

Is there a date for this yet?

Message 5 of 9
Admin

Thanks for checking in on this @TheHorseTrailer! At the moment, we don't have a date or timeline to share as to when Offline Mode will be available in the UK just yet. 

I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

Hi @tranguyen is the feature added yet for offline ticket stub numbering or do we still need wifi to be able to generate ticket numbers?

Message 7 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @TheHorseTrailer, thanks for your post. Internet connexion is still required to generate ticket numbers. The offline mode on Square Terminal is only to take card payments while you are disconnected. 

Emma
Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

Hi,

Just annually asking the same question:

Is offline numbering available yet? This seems like it could be a fairly quick tech install to have numbers 1-50 saved onto the device locally...

For context: We're a mobile trader trading at UK festivals with capacities up to 80k and so wifi isn't guaranteed, and this is a pretty important step to keep high output. We do not have time to manually add names or remember numbers in order. 

Message 9 of 9