x
Alumni

Square Beta - Be the first to try the newest features!

Hey everyone! I’m Jess and I manage Square's beta programs in the UK. Welcome to the Community!

I’ve got two questions for you: 

• Do you want exclusive early access to the newest Square features, before everyone else? 
  • Would you like to help influence and improve Square’s products?

If you answered yes to either of these questions, the Square Beta program is for you! We are always looking for new businesses to help us test our newest features so would love to have you on board! 

What is the Square Beta Program?

The Square Beta Program lets users test the newest version of the Point Sale App before it is released to the general public. Participants may also be chosen to take part in early access programs for the latest Square hardware and software products. 

We use beta user's feedback to identify and resolve issues - helping us make Square's products better than ever. Watch this video to learn more: 

How do I join?

To get started, head to sellercommunity.com/beta. You’ll be asked to e-sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), given the steps to download the beta app and added into our Beta Community. The Beta Community is a place for beta sellers to raise bugs, share feature requests and chat amongst one another about the new features. 

How do I give feedback

Beta participants can give feedback on the Beta Community board, or by emailing beta-uk@squareup.com.

If you have any questions, let me know in a post below! 

Jess
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 1 of 9
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey Jess 👍🏻

It's great to see UK content on the boards 😀

I was one of the testers for the Terminal UK launch last summer & was an eye opener seeing a little of what went on behind the scenes. We all get used to the 'we'll pass the feedback along to the right team' - but knowing that it actually does all get taken seriously is great. 

With all the new updates that have been pushed out recently I think it's going to be interesting to what else you've got in store. 

Pizza Is Chill

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey Jess 👍🏻

It's great to see UK content on the boards 😀

I was one of the testers for the Terminal UK launch last summer & was an eye opener seeing a little of what went on behind the scenes. We all get used to the 'we'll pass the feedback along to the right team' - but knowing that it actually does all get taken seriously is great. 

With all the new updates that have been pushed out recently I think it's going to be interesting to what else you've got in store. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 9
Super Seller

Hello Jess,

Is there a separate thred for "Square for Restaurant" app?

I joined the community but I see on Square Beta app...

Square for Restaurant also release new features.. so there might be a beta for that as well. .Only thing I am not sure how to get access to that..

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

Hi @namastewatford great question! I can see you're already in the Beta community - thanks for joining!

There is a Restaurants beta app, which you can get via test flight. Click here to get started.  

At the moment, there's no specific thread for Square for Restaurants Betas, but if you visit this beta community thread and filter by Restaurants, you will see any revelant content. This is where we'll post about new features as they are built 🙂 

Jess
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 4 of 9
Super Seller

Thanks Jess,

I have got Apple TestFlight.

Please can you send me link or invite code for Square for Restaurant Beta app?

Message 5 of 9
Alumni

@namastewatford  If you click on this link on your iPad you should see a pop up prompting you to open the download from the TestFlight App. This means you shouldn't need a code. 

Jess
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

@JessRog

Hi Jess

I've applied a couple of times and don't seem to have had a response. Would it be possible to look in to it for me?

Thanks

Message 7 of 9
Alumni

Sorry about this confusion! I think I found the issue. 

If you click here, can you get in now? 

Let me know if not. I'll keep digging!

Jess
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

Jess, sorry I'm late in replying to you on this. Thanks so much for sorting - I'm in!

Message 9 of 9