x

Treat Discounts in £ the same way as those in %

Treat Discounts in £ the same way as those in %

Would it be possible for discounts that are variable in £ to be accessed in the same way, by tapping an item in the sale, as those in %.

A £ discount must be found in the item library and then the amount added. Better to tap an items and see the same prompt as when added a % discount.

We ended up making sure the the Discount was named so it was the only thing in the shown in the item search when you knew the keyword.

This is find for regular staff but is another wrinkle for make time staff to have to recall, but to have both discounts work in the same menu driven way to ease recall.

Regards

3 Comments
Admin

Hi @BriantspuddleSh, thank you for your post! 

By design, manual pound discount can't be applied at item level. Rather, it applies to the full cart amount which is why you are not able to see it within the item page.

If the discount is commonly used, you can consider create an automatic discount

Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 09.57.24.png

Once this is created, the discount will applied automatically whenever you add the item to sale. If you do not want the customer to avail of this discount, you can tap into it and remove it from the current sale.

Image from iOS (32).jpg

Image from iOS (33).jpg

I hope this will help! 

Hello 

Admin

Completely understandable @BriantspuddleSh! I've flagged this as a feature request to our Product team as well to see if there is a possibility of building this out.

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!