x
Beta Member

Variant Buttons

Hey Squares

Swuare pos is the only one I have encountered that dosent allow you to add a size button to activate a variation. Such as

Beer: Pint/Half

Workflow would be amazing where if you clicked “Carlsberg” it would default to Pint, but clicking HALF and then “Carlsberg” would ring up the half variation.

unless I’m missing something, it takes Farr to long processing a tran if we are clicking the product and then selecting wether we want pint or half, as the majority of time it’s gonna be a pint. This would mean that we could track stock more effectively as currently we have speedster products as half pints etc.

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @Millbar, thank you for sharing this! 

While I don't have a timeline on when this will be available, there's a feature that may help as workaround to speed up ordering.

If the majority time, customers are ordering a pint rather than a half pint, you can toggle on the Automatically Add item to Bill from your Square Dashboard within a particular's item setting. This means when an item is added, it'll default to the first variation. You'd only need to go in and edit the item if customers are ordering a half pint instead.

Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 09.57.12.png

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content