x

Advice for setting up a short term sale event with limited pickup dates

Hi! I would like to set up a pop up sale with one week of online sales and only three pick up dates. Does anyone have any advice for doing this? It seems like Square is set up for ongoing sales and pick ups but not limited time sales.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @FriendsofAG Welcome to the Seller Community 🎉

We do not have an automated process to turn on/off a short sale, but I believe it would be possible to create. 

You can use the bulk edit option to make the item(s) unavailable and available to line up with your sale dates. 

Would your pickup dates vary depending on when the item is purchased? You could set your pickup times for specific days of the week under Square Online >

Fulfillment > Pickup and Delivery > Edit Location > Hours

Next, scroll down to the next section Order Timing Settings to turn off the option to allow scheduled pickup. It might even be helpful to turn off the option to assign the pickup time at checkout. This may give you the flexibility you are looking for. 

Hope that helps as a work around. 😊

Message 2 of 4

Hello Bernadette and thanks so much for helping me out with a possible work around.

To clarify, we are thinking of opening the online store for sales online for 7-8 days and then offer one set date for pickup.

E.g. Online sale runs from Sept 1 - 8 and then pick up is offered from 10am-1pm on Sept 11

Thank you for suggesting the bulk edit option. That is super helpful for turning on/off the sale.

For pickup times, what if I select Saturday from 10am-1pm for hours, and turn off the option for schedule pick up and turn off assign pick up time at checkout as you suggest, and add a short message + instructions something like:

Order Pick Up on Saturday September 11 2021 ONLY

Go to the studio for order pickup anytime between 10am-1pm on Saturday September 11 2021.

Look for the green tent and "pick up here" sign.

Any orders not picked up on September 11 will be refunded. We can not schedule alternate pick up dates at this time.

Do you think that could work? I want to make this as straightforward for people as possible.

We initially wanted to offer multiple pick up dates but offering just one seems to simplify it.

Thanks so much for your advice!

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Yes, that would definitely work! If you turn off pickup scheduling you will only see the first available pickup date (Saturday 9/11) available. 😊❤️

Message 4 of 4