x

Does anyone know if there is a way to change category colors in appointments calendar?

Does anyone know if there is a way to change category colors in appointments calendar?

Hi All,

I mainly want to be able to change the colors in the calendar to reflect paid customers and cash customers.... also mark outstanding invoices all in one location so i dont have to have two windows open to click through appointment and go back and create invoice...

Thanks in advance!

Anulak

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Does anyone know if there is a way to change category colors in appointments calendar?

Hi all! 🌸

Although we don't have the exact feature this original post is looking for, I want to elaborate a bit on what we do have available with Appointments and calendar coloring. 

You can adjust the colors for your staff members to make it easier to organize and view on your Calendar:

Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 10.15.12 AM.png

In addition to that, it's worth noting that if you take a payment directly from the appointment, the paid appointment will appear as a lighter color on your calendar. 

I'll make sure to update this thread if I hear anything about the features mentioned in the original post. Thank you! 

40 Comments
Square

Hello, and thanks for the suggestion! While we don't currently offer the ability to color code appointments directly from the Appointments Dashboard: its sounds like a useful feature! Having said that, you should be able to change the color appearance of an appointment from Google calendar directly. While this won't reflect on your Dashboard, it should if you check it from your phone or Gmail. 

Sean,

As a new user of Square Appointments, I would like to color-code our different appointment types in our calendar dashboard as well.  How do we forward this to the development team?  Thanks.

Admin

Hey @PenrosePT,

Jumping in for Sean today — while we still do not offer custom color-coding at this time, I will be sure to flag your post with our Product Liaison team. Hopefully Sean's suggested workaround is helpful for now.

We'll circle back to this thread with any updates on this. Please keep in touch and let us know if you have any other questions!

Hello! Is there anyway to change it so that you can have a certain service be a certain color? This would allow us to not double book rooms for services!

Alumni

Hi @ChelseyMoon! Welcome to the community!  I'm Ashley, I am one of the supporters for the Appointments product and am happy to help you out with this question. I've definitely heard this request from other sellers I've spoken with and agree, it's a great idea! While it's not a feature we currently offer, I know this is definitely something that our Appointments team has in the back of their minds. I'll be sure to relay your interest in this functionality and I'll also make sure we update this thread if and when we do offer this functionality. 

We hope to hear more from you!  If you have any other questions as you get started with Square Appointments, just let us know. If you haven't seen this yet, you might want to check out our Square Appointments Guide as well! It has a ton of great information in it.

Is it possible to Color code appointments & personal event differently?

Right now when I look at my schedule everything is blue and its challenging to see the difference.

Alumni

Hey @FloraliaCrowns - I've merged your post with a thread on a similar topic. Check out AshleyR's answer above for more information.

While changing colors for individual events is not an available feature right now, a good solution might be to sync your Appointments calendar to your personal calendar in the meantime. Google Calendars for example allows you to set a calendar for different categories and choose colors for it. Personally, I have a work calendar and a personal calendar with one being orange and the other blue to help differentiate.

Is there a way to change the color of a service on the calendar?

Hello @pumphouse! Welcome to the Seller Community! 

This is an interesting request, currently we don't have the ability to color code the services you offer. I can see how this could help visually if you had all the colors indexed.

If you have any other questions in the meantime I would be happy to help out. 🙂

I wish there was a way to select which days show up on the calendar screen. I only work Tuesday through Saturday, so taking Sunday’s and Monday’s off would make the screen less “messy.” Also, a way to color coordinate appointment rules would be helpful. I am a hairstylist, so being able to color coordinate a haircut versus a hair color would be great. Just some suggestions! If these features are currently available, please let me know how to take advantage of that!