x
Beta Member

Auto-convert periods to commas to enter amounts with decimals

Throughout the platform, when setup with FR Canada, any amount entered using a period for the decimal will be erased.

Instead of getting an error message asking to correct this to a comma, the amount is erased.

Of course an auto-formatting could be applied, i.e., converting the period to a comma.

This get really annoying as it is the case anywhere in the platform and stops the smooth use of the numpad as it enters periods, not commas.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Velo -

Thank you for reaching out about this. I have seen this before on browsers that select French as the language instead of English. 

When French is selected it displays a comma for currency instead of the period. 

Appreciate the feedback. I will gladly send this to our Product Team to look into. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 12

why does checkout show a comma instead of a decimal point for prices? ex: 48,10 vs 48.10

Message 3 of 12

Hey there, @bsia

Welcome back to the Community. 

You will see item prices display with a comma when the website is viewed in browser set with French as the language. 

A lot of our Canadian sellers see that on their sites. I would be happy to add your voice to the Feature Request to change this, if you'd like. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 12

I'm not a Canadian seller, do not even deliver to Canada, never been associated with Canada. It happened on Mozilla and Edge browsers.

Message 5 of 12
Admin

What if you try a Chrome browser @bsia?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 12

Do you know it always works on Chrome browser?

It seems to be working right now, but when will it do it again? When a customer sees something like that in his/her checkout , gets scared and scampers away?

Message 7 of 12

Hey @bsia

The country of your account will dictate the currency symbol and currency formatting of your Square Point of Sale app. This can also be related to the geolocation of the customer. There isn’t a setting we can edit/change on our end to correct the issue. 

Feel free to give us a call if you continue to experience the same thing. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 12

The country of my account is United States, why did it dictate another currency symbol?

I've never used the word "Canada" in anything, anywhere.

But, on the bright side, I haven't seen it do that anymore. Just hope it doesn't freak out a paying customer and make them think something may be wrong with this website, and leave.

Biggest problem now is confirmation emails. It says "send test email", I do, but I don't receive any test emails.

The email address it sent it to is a valid email address, but is there a way to change that email address?

Message 9 of 12

Hey @bsia - Do you continue to experience issues with your email notifications? As a reminder, you can head over to your Square Online Dashboard to manage your email notifications. 

If the email notifications you are referring to are related to something else, please let me know. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 10 of 12

There is a section to edit confirmation emails, although you can only edit the header and footer, Then you are given a link to send yourself a test email. I send a test email, it notifies just above that it was sent to the email address, but i never receive an email, on any of the confirmations. Why not? The email address it supposedly sends to is a valid email address that should reach me. What email address does it send from? Can I change the email address it sends to?

I'm talking about online, in the communications section. Under email and text alerts.

Message 11 of 12

Thursday 6/24/2021      3 days later

Can I get a response to my above questions? Is anyone here?

Message 12 of 12