x
Super Seller Alumni

Automated Welcome Email Without Coupon?

I love the automated Email Marketing Campaigns, and I want to start a "Welcome New Customers" email, but I don't want to send them a coupon - I just want to give them some information on us, our social media info, and our Loyalty program.

I tried to just delete the block with the Coupon in the email, but it didn't let me - any hope to change this or a workaround to automaticallly send an email to any new customer/email address in my system?

Thanks!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller Alumni

Along with this, I'd love it if I could further customize the other automated emails.

For example with the "Bring Back Lapsed Customers" Email - if I could change the length of time from "customers who had been regulars  but have not returned in at least 6 weeks." to longer than 6 weeks.

We're an ice cream store and I don't want to give away too much in the off season - since the customers will probably learn that they just have to wait 6 weeks to get another coupon.

I'd love to be able to get in there and use the logic and even create my own automated campaigns.

Thanks!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 2 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

-

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 3 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

Another bit to the email & coupon thing.

Right now create a marketing email with a coupon, and post that on facebook. My facebook followers click on that, and I can capture their email address either by them entering it or connecting to facebook. The customer receives a unique coupon code in their email.

However, it seems if a customer uses that coupon code, that sale is for some reason not connected back to their customer profile in square.

If square assigns a unique coupon code to them, then that coupon code should connect that sale and therefore that customer back to that email address.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 4 of 9

Hello @pessosices! Thanks for taking to compile all of this for us! 

Currently the Welcome new customers automated campaign will have a coupon. You could create a custom welcome using the Create a newsletter or Send a quick update blast campaigns. But this will require some manual work. I will make sure to pass this feedback along to the Product Team! 

The coupons from your Facebook campaign should tie to the customer as long as they have a profile in your directory. If that isn't the case I recommend reaching out directly to our Support Team

If you still have questions or any other feedback let me know! 😀

Message 5 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

Thanks!

But the Create a Newsletter or Quick Update will not automatically send to any new customer - that will send a blast to all of my reachable customers, so it's not a custom welcome.

Yea, the transactions where a coupon is redeemed definitely are not showing up in the customer's profile. It says "Coupon Redeemed" but no transaction appears.
I have a screenshot, but can't seem to share it here.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 6 of 9

@pessosices, yes an email blast would require some manual work. You would have to create a group and add your new customers to it manually. 

I think you should reach out to our Support Team for the issue with the coupon. They will be able to look at your Customer Directory with you over the phone. 

Message 7 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

Alright, that doesn't really accomplish what I want to do it manually, so I'll just include a discount in the automated welcome email.

But I really would love to see a lot more customization in content and options for automated emails - being able to do any type of automated email I want would be fantastic.

For example with the loyalty, instead of an email that's 1 star away, being able to do one thats 2 or 3 or 4 stars away from the reward.

OK - will do, thanks

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 8 of 9

I would like to do the same.  There should be away to automate a Welcome Email for new customers without offering a coupon.  Manually creating groups and sending batch emails seems unnecessary and disappointing considering the monthly fee.

Message 9 of 9