x

Bulk Image Uploads

Bulk Image Uploads

From looking in the Square help section and seller community, there is currently no option to upload images for products, rather one must edit a product via the dashboard to add a photo.

With a small number of products this is (potentially) feasible, however with in excess of a 1,000 products, this option would prove very time hungry.

The ability to upload an archive file, with a CSV and images would save literally hours and thousands of clicks.

Suggestion 1:

Add a field to import CSV called "product_image" which contains the product image filename which is found in an uploadable ZIP, or possibly imported from a URL.

Suggestion 2:

Upload a ZIP containing a CSV with product names/tokens and image filename and image folder.

<filename>.zip
  |
  |-import.csv
  |
  |-images/
        |
        |-image-file-1.jpg
|-image-file-2.jpg
|-image-file-3.png

The CSV would contain two fields (markdown for readability):

| product_name        | image_file       |
|:--------------------|:-----------------| | Product Name 1 | image-file-1.jpg | | Product Name 2 | image-file-2.jpg | | Product Name 3 | image-file-3.png |

10 Comments
Admin

Hey @houseofcloth,

Thanks for getting in touch and providing such well thought out feedback!

I can understand it must be frustrating having to individually upload images for each and every item in your inventory, and while this feature isn't planned for development at the moment, we are currently tracking the feature request. I'm passing your feedback on to our product development team as part of this tracking.

All the best!

We don't have access to see that link, Seamus.

Admin

Hey @balls,

It looks like this thread has been removed since I linked to it - unfortunately I don't have any further info on this one, it's possible that the feature is just no feasible to develop at the moment.

Sorry I can't be of more help with this one!

We would also greatly benefit from this feature.

It has been nearly 2 years since this was suggested. It seems like a simple request, but the feature has not yet been added. Do you know if there are now plans to implement this request? It is infinitely more complicated to attach images to products through Square than it is through competing platforms.

Admin

Hey @WearEverJewels,

Thanks for reaching out and providing your feedback here!

Unfortunately I don't have any news on this one - I've not heard of any plans to implement this yet, though will pass on your feedback.

I can definitely see this would be beneficial in bulk editing item images, but I'm not sure this is a feature that is being prioritised at the moment. If I hear of anything changing here I'll update this thread.

Hey Seamus

Any update on this?

I also have 4,000+ images and upload all for our website is taking FOREVER.

Thanks

Sarah

Admin

Hey @SarahMarsh,

No updates here at the moment I'm afraid - this is something that I hope we're able to solve for in the future, manually uploading thousands of images isn't a great user experience.

If I hear of anything new that I can share I'll update this thread.

Any good news?  or way round. if the image names are of the same as sku with -1,-2 for additional images ?
Please  help us out. Just check the request for this feature is since 2017 for importing the images in bulk

Yes please provide an update!?