x

Feature Request: Customize category icons, and add photos to categories like items

Super Seller Alumni

Feature Request: Customize category icons, and add photos to categories like items

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Can you apply pictures for categories?

Would LOVE to be able to add a picture to each Category I create. I see we can add a picture for items but not for categories. Could you send a request for a future update for this? Would make our Square Register screen so much nicer and prettier. Thank you.

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Customize category icons, and add photos to categories like items

Yeah... still waiting for this...

Verified Answer

Re: Pictures for Categories

Hello @ryanwnzl  

I know this thread has been around the sun a couple of times now. I've gone ahead and reached out to our Item Library Product Manager for an update. Currently this request is on the backlog and we're not expecting it to be implemented anytime soon. I understand this isn't the answer a lot of sellers want to hear, but I want to be as transparent as possible.

There are a lot of factors that come into play when prioritizing feature requests - comments like all of yours on this thread are one of the big inputs our product teams take into consideration. However, there are other things to consider as well -  build time, engineering bandwidth, and cost to name a few, as well as balancing this request with others that may take up time from the same engineering group.

I know there are 8 pages of comments about this issue, and it is a lot. Some of these factors like engineering bandwidth are less visible to you all, which is why I wanted to give a little insight into some of the behind-the-scenes work.

Thank you for your patience, and understanding - our eng teams are working on other features that we hope make POS even better for you. If we have updates on this thread, we'll post them here. All of you who have commented are already subscribed, and anyone new to the thread can click the "Subscribe" link on the first page.

179 Comments

Yes, another request here!

Where did you go to imput the pictures?

Square

@rcwtastefullyyo - We don't currently offer the functionality to add pictures to categories, but as you can tell, it's a popular feature request! If you just need help adding photos to your items, check out this article. 👍

Being able to add an image/pic to the category would help us quickly recognize each category at a glance and would have quicker customer service reflexes. Is there a tenative date as to when a new update would be available that would allow us to do such?

Admin

Hey @SouthernScripts, thank you for sharing! Our product liaison team is tracking this request, but we don't have a timeline available for this feature yet. I can definitely see how being able to add an image or even having the option to customize the category button a bit more would help with efficiency.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to check in at any point in the future!

Another vote from us! The only way we can find to track both sizes and colors of an item is to make the item a category, but that makes for a very messy register screen - hard to use at frantic events!

+1  -  I would also like Catagory icons. 

+1   -  I would also like Catagory Icons. 

Square

Hey @Paul_S, thanks for sharing that! Our Appointments team is aware of this request and we are currently tracking it. We will share updates if we receive more information. 

Square

@Paul_S We hear ya! Our appointments team is aware of this request. Thanks for taking the time to post! 😃