x

Can I use Square make charges in Hong Kong?

Can I use Square make charges in Hong Kong?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Not currently, @rosanne106.

While Square can be used internationally to record payments, track inventory, and grow your business – we don't currently offer card processing in Hong Kong.

We're looking to bring payment processing to other markets, and we'll be sure to announce any further expansion here in the Community! Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Best Answer

Not currently, @rosanne106.

While Square can be used internationally to record payments, track inventory, and grow your business – we don't currently offer card processing in Hong Kong.

We're looking to bring payment processing to other markets, and we'll be sure to announce any further expansion here in the Community! Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Message 2 of 4

Hi @Spenser

I have a local shop with e-commerce and am have researched square and like it the most. Used it when I was in the US. Unfortunately not available in Hong Kong.

A friend suggested a work around by integrating square API with Local Payment API. Is that possible if I get a developer to help me with this? What would the process be? And how much would this typically cost (what would I need to ask for to scope for this)? 

Of course, I would also need to look in to see if this is even possible with the banks here. 

Honestly good solutions here are inexistent and I am looking at my options of spending an exorbitant amount of money on either option and it might as well have a good UI. 

Any input greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hi @ying - thanks so much for posting to the community!

Credit card processing with Square can only be supported in the country the account was opened. There is not an available work around that would allow for US credit card processing to be supported outside of the US. 

If you want to use Square when you're in the US again, let us know. 👍

Message 4 of 4