x
Highlighted
slivingston49

Can I use an anchor link with my Square Online Store?

I want to provide a link to the donations part of my store directly - its about halfway down the page - how do I do that?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Admin

Re: Link on External Site directly to shop section

Best Answer

Thanks for making your first post to the 👥 community, @JJHillPTO

I moved your post to this thread where a few other sellers had this question about their Square Online Store. Unfortunately, anchor links are not currently supported with the Online Store.

I'll be sure to pass this feedback along to our Product Team and let them know a few sellers are requesting this feature

Message 8 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Re: Can I use an anchor link with my Square Online Store?

You can share the URL to a specific item, @slivingston49

To do so, go to your store's website, click on the item, and copy the URL/web address at the top of the page. One thing I'll note is that there isn't a way to copy the link for custom donations, but you can link to the other options you have pre-set. Hope that helps!

Message 2 of 12
CCMCL

I had the same issue. Depending how savvy you are. You can find an anchor via a HTML developer kit within your browser to find anchors. You can link to [store address]/#ember??? With the ??? being 3 numbers. 

Message 3 of 12
Admin

@CCMCL - Thanks for taking the time to share the tip! 👌🏻

Message 4 of 12
LukeDouglas

This anchor hyperlink technique does not work.  I've tried it on two different links:

I believe the main issue is that the anchor link is NOT contained in a <A> tag but in a <DIV> tag.  They do have a <A> tag like this:

<a name="17c3d5b1-6709-45dc-91e8-f42678125cc9" data-bindattr-795="795" class="anchor"></a>

However, I tried that anchor but it doesn't work:

Each link loads properly but after a moment, the anchor link is removed and all you end up with is https://squareup.com/store/k-time-customs/ thus it loads up the main page display.

It appears that Squareup is activating some type of script which does the stripping.  According to W3C standards, the links should work.  I'm not sure 'why' Squareup would be handling it this way but it's really wrong as it takes away a lot of flexibility for their customers to link directly to a specific place in their shopping cart  from their main website.

Hopefully, someone at Squareup will see this post and come back with either clarification or how it should really be done.

Message 5 of 12
Admin

@LukeDouglas - Thanks for taking the time to share. While I can't speak to the specifics behind our engineering decisions, especially since this isn't a supported functionality - I'm happy to pass along the feedback. 

@CCMCL - Since you suggested this workaround, did you have any other comments on the topic given this feedback by LukeDouglas? 

Message 6 of 12
JJHillPTO

Trying to build a link for another external site that when clicked would bring the user to my store and directly to a specific section.

I know with general web page development, I can use the ID or name part of a link to automatically scroll. It seems to work with Internet Explorer but not with Google Chrome.

Example Link: http://www.squareup.com/store/jjhillpto#ember777

That should bring you directly to the "Direct Donations" section of our online store, which is the last section on the site. However, it seems chrome strips everything from the '#' back and just leaves me at the top of the page. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

Message 7 of 12
Admin

Re: Link on External Site directly to shop section

Best Answer

Thanks for making your first post to the 👥 community, @JJHillPTO

I moved your post to this thread where a few other sellers had this question about their Square Online Store. Unfortunately, anchor links are not currently supported with the Online Store.

I'll be sure to pass this feedback along to our Product Team and let them know a few sellers are requesting this feature

Message 8 of 12
geekgirlsc

Hello,

Is it possible to link directly to one of the sections of my Square store? Possibly using a # like one can do in html? 

I couldn't find any info on this.

Thanks for any help!

Erin

Message 9 of 12
Admin

Hey there @geekgirlsc 👋

I went ahead and moved your post to this thread where other sellers have also asked a similar question. This feature is not currently available, but I'll be sure to let our Product Team know you're looking for this feature. 

Message 10 of 12