x

Can I use checkout links for items set for pickup?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Pick up option using check out link

Hi I am trying to figure out how to get the pick up option while using the check out link function

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Dropping in to provide an update that you may have already stumbled upon yourselves! 

It is possible to create a Square Online Checkout link for items available for pickup, however you'll need to ensure that your settings are correct in order for the link to display pickup as the fulfillment option. 

First, Pickup must be set as the only fulfillment option for the item:

Personally, I'd recommend creating multiple items with different fulfillment types in their titles if you plan on using checkout links and offering multiple fulfillment options via checkout links - I named mine Latte [ Pickup Only ] to avoid confusion:

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 5.47.24 PM.jpg

After your customer enters their information in the Your Details section and clicks Next, they'll see this:

Voilà! 🎉

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Alumni

Hi there @barntiquecreati - and welcome to the Community!

At this time, it isn't possible to use checkout links with the pickup feature. Checkout links are intended for:

• Collecting payments - to accept money for any reason.

• Buyer entered payments - to let your customers pay an amount of their choice.

• Items - to accept money for items in your Item Library.

• Donations - to allow a donor to enter an amount of their choice.

If you could possibly let us know a bit about what you're looking to accomplish here, we should be able to work together to make it happen.

This post was edited in February 2021 by a moderator to include updated information.

Valentina
Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

I think the way this will work since I don't ship is that after a subscriber gets setup, I'll just have to contact each one individually to arrange their preferred fulfillment--pickup or delivery (that we do ourselves) And if they want to choose delivery, we can charge a small fee for the zones we set up since the card is then on file. 

I'm going to embed the code in a button on my site's "main banner" so it has a permanent presence, but it doesn't really give much room for explanation. I might try something else...

Thank you,

Telina

Message 3 of 10
Beta Member

I'd like to create a recurring payment for a physical item--a monthly wine club-- so I created a checkout link. Is there a way for customers who subscribe to select fulfillment options (pickup and delivery) like my online store has? 

Thank you

Message 4 of 10
Admin

Hey @telinarohrer!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community ️ and welcome!

We do not currently have that feature for Square Online Checkout links. Take a look at @Valentina's best answer in this thread. 

Let us know if any other questions come up and we hope to see you around the Community more 🌠

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 5 of 10
Alumni

Best Answer

Dropping in to provide an update that you may have already stumbled upon yourselves! 

It is possible to create a Square Online Checkout link for items available for pickup, however you'll need to ensure that your settings are correct in order for the link to display pickup as the fulfillment option. 

First, Pickup must be set as the only fulfillment option for the item:

Personally, I'd recommend creating multiple items with different fulfillment types in their titles if you plan on using checkout links and offering multiple fulfillment options via checkout links - I named mine Latte [ Pickup Only ] to avoid confusion:

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 5.47.24 PM.jpg

After your customer enters their information in the Your Details section and clicks Next, they'll see this:

Voilà! 🎉

Valentina
Message 6 of 10

One of your replies states that this thread is for “regular online store orders” and I’m clearly asking for help with manually created checkout links that I send to my customer. Can you help with this? 

Message 7 of 10
Alumni

We moved your post over to this thread, which should get you where you need to be, @Isabellagerdes.

Please let me know if you still need a hand after taking a look here!

Valentina
Message 8 of 10

when I crest a checkout link for my customer regardless of whether they select shipping or pick up it still will automatically place it as pick up. 
shipping is sent has my default method, shipping is set up completely and I have no issues on my website. How can I fix this and allow customers to ship their orders? 

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Isabellagerdes and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where @CCDComs asked the same question.

Check out my answer to them above for details.

Ashley C
Message 10 of 10