x
Beta Member

Can customers schedule pickup/delivery and select location before checkout?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Online Store Scheduling awkwardness

When I first go to our website to start an order, it asks me if I want pickup or delivery, and to enter and address. Great. Then, when I add items, near the bottom of the cart it says my delivery is Today during the next available slot. That's not what I want, so I'm going to click the Change link right next to it. That makes sense, right? Except it doesn't allow me to change the delivery date/time. It allows me to change the address. Turns out I can't change the date/time until I get to checkout.

That is super awkward and confusing. Can we please select the date/time in the initial pop-up, or by clicking the Change link next to... the date/time. 

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 10.10.23 AM.png

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

We're only on day two of our website and this is becoming a HUGE issue. We're a bakery and almost all our orders are scheduled, delivery and pickup. And 50% of our 18 orders in the the last two days have gotten the schedule wrong and ordered ASAP accidentally. 

This UX needs improvement. Please have them select ASAP/Schedule UP FRONT, when they enter their address. This is how all delivery apps that allow scheduling do it.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

At this time, the option to schedule delivery or pickup lives in the checkout stage of ordering and cannot be configured in a pop up before checkout.

We appreciate your feedback, though. Hopefully we can improve the checkout experience to make it convenient and less confusing for your customers. 

For now, I'm tagging your post as a Feature Request so our Product Team sees what you're looking to accomplish. We'll let you know if there is good news to share down the line. 

@SugarBakery

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Just checking in to see if this is fixed yet.

Message 4 of 5

Please fix it ASAP, This feature is very important to us, especially during this Covid Time. Thanks.

Message 5 of 5