x

Can the "Add item to Cart" function be disabled within the Retail App?

Can the "Add item to Cart" function be disabled within the Retail App?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Adding item to cart

I have recently switched to Square for Retail. Previously at checkout I chose an item and it was immediately added to the order. With the Retail platform I have to “Add to Cart” following each item. Can that be disabled? Thanks! 

0 Likes
6 Comments
Alumni

@BuddingVioletRI - there's not a way to disable this, as it's built in function in the checkout flow.

However, I understand the Add to Cart step is redundant and slows up the process. I'll be sure to surface this to our Retail Team so they can make changes that improves the Seller experience using our products. 

Although we were very excited to try out Square for Retail, we found the Square for Retail POS interface to be clunky and unintuitive compared to the free version. Ringing up the same items on Square for Retail takes twice as long as it does on the free Square POS app. Using the search bar to look up an item takes noticeably longer, and because half of our items are sold on consignment without a set price in the system we have to pass through multiple screens instead of just one to get an item into the cart. This could become a huge issue for us during busy days when we have multiple customers with multiple items waiting to be rung up at our only register. 

We were unable to come up with a workaround that would cut down on checkout time, and after reaching out to Square support, it seems that one does not exist. 

We would love to utilize the inventory related features of Square for Retail, as well as take advantage of the discount, but not at the cost of doubling our checkout time. But if the Square for Retail interface is ever updated to be more intuitive or if anyone can suggest a workaround to cut down our checkout time, we’d definitely be interested in giving it another shot. 

Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @Hazel1250

Thank you so much for reaching out with feedback on our Square for Retail.

This helps our Product Team continue to make changes to our system based on the seller's voice. 

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Turn off add to cart

We use barcodes and a scanner with square pos. With square for retail there is the add to cart button that has to be chosen after each barcode being scanned. This is very inconvenient and I am wondering if there is a way to turn off the need to click add to cart?

Alumni

I answered a similar question for a Seller on this thread. I moved you so we can easily track. Unfortunately the add to cart button cannot be disabled. We're continuously taking note of this request for the Product Team's consideration. 

Thanks for posting! @mvnut 

I need to be able to turn off the add to cart button. The real time shipping requires yet another upgrade which is way to expensive relative to competitors. The basic shipping functions such flat, weight etc are not flexible. I am happy to use square payments but should not be forced to upgrade to get a better shipping options. This is why I want to disable the cart button