x
Highlighted
onceandagain216

Can we use text messaging instead of email for Square Marketing?

Can we use text messaging for marketing instead of e-mail? Most of my customers give phone # only.

Message 1 of 183
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Admin

Re: Can we use text messaging instead of email for Square Marketing?

Best Answer

Thank you all for showing interest in testing Automated Test Message Campaigns for Square Loyalty. 

I am excited to announce this feature is now available all sellers subscribed to both Square Marketing and Square Loyalty. Feel free to start a 30-day free trial if you aren’t using Marketing and Loyalty already.

With these campaigns, you will be able to automatically reengage your customers to drive them to come back to your business.

To enable Automated Text Message Campaigns:  

1. Visit the Marketing tab in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Create Campaign and select text message.
  3. Select from the five different Campaign types.
  4. Edit the message and coupon you wish to send.
  5. Review and then select Activate Now to enable this campaign.

These text campaigns will be automatically sent to all customers who meet the campaign audience criteria. You can always edit or cancel these messages via the Campaign section in the Marketing dashboard.

Please review our Support Center to learn more about Automated Text Message Campaigns.

Thank you for sharing feedback and helping us improve the product! 

Cheers,

Howard, Square Beta Team

Message 183 of 183
182 REPLIES 182
Sean Square

Re: Can we use text messaging for marketing instead of e-mail? Most of my customers give phone # ...

Great suggestion! I know I've heard this feedback from multiple merchants.

For the time being, our marketing campaigns are limited to email only. While it's possible this may change in the future, you're best bet is stay diligent, and suggest that your customers enter their email addresses so they can take advantage of your awesome deals and announcements. 🙂

Message 2 of 183
bandoraone

Re: Can we use text messaging for marketing instead of e-mail? Most of my customers give phone # ...

lacking text marketing. doing double work now with the loyal customers which is a waste of our time and missing opportunities for SQ.

Message 3 of 183
BOONgarden

Is there any update to this request? I'm opening my biz in 7 days and was hoping to put out a flyer with a text code for new customers. 

Message 4 of 183
Sean Square

@BOONgarden - While we don't have any sort of update to share, we'll be sure to update this thread if we do. In the meantime, I'd suggest checking out this thread for more details about the feature request process itself. Thanks for taking the time to comment! 🙃

Message 5 of 183
AletaBermardin

NEW SALON LOCATION FOR ALETA’S HAIR AFFAIR!!!!

I am welcoming you to [Personal Information Redacted] located in Diane K’S [Personal Information Redacted]. All your prices remain the same and receive a complimentary haircut when you bring someone in.  On Monday 3-7 and Tuesday 9-2 I’m at The Walmart Salon in Osprey for those of you that want to stay local.  Any questions call Me [Personal Information Redacted]

Message 6 of 183
trainman

YES, that is very much needed. I work with many customers under 40 years old, and a good percentage of them under 25, and texting IS the way they communicate and get much of their information from various vendors as they opt in to receive texts.

PLEASE push on this and implement as 9 out of 10 of my new customer signups for our loyalty program we subscribe through Square DO NOT sign up to give us their emails. Even though we give them 10 free points toward receiving their loyaly reward of $10 off their m=next purchase once they achieve 100 stars (dollars) spent with us. This is how we set up our reward or loyaly program. Texting - need it!!

trainman

Message 7 of 183
Spenser Square

Definitely agree it would helpful, @trainman. We'll update here should anything change, thanks for taking the time to share!

Message 8 of 183
KCK

Hey Sean...

Any update on text message marketing?

Message 9 of 183
Admin

Thanks for taking the time to share your insight, @trainman. I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing and I will certainly share your post with our Product Liaison team. We don't want any of our sellers to miss out on any sales — appreciate your patience.

Message 10 of 183