x
Jeswise22

Re: How do you add a picture to your categories on you square pos

Agree. Category pics, please.

Message 81 of 99
Highlighted
Pinky

We also would like to be able to add images to Categories.  Seems like a simple thing, and many are asking for it.  The POS screen looks incomplete when it's a mix of individual items that have images, but categories looking plain and basic.  Square really needs a GUI upgrade.

Message 82 of 99
janicej77

This was in 2016, any progress on category icon? It would be very helpful

Message 83 of 99
Admin

Hi @janicej77 - No progress to share yet? Can you share your use case for this so I can share it with our team responsible? Thanks for your input!

Message 84 of 99
janicej77

@katieand,

Thank you for responding, I hope we can make some changes soon!

Again this question was first asked about 2 years ago (2016) and so far no progress on this at square? There seems to be quite a few people who want this and we want to like square even better!

I tried to reply to this but now cant find it, so I am sorry if this is a repeat.

Here's the bottom line: We sell many items and only want one checkout screen using an ipad for our square account.

So we use categories for the icons on the checkout screen with many items within each category. But they are grey and white, making the checkout screen not very pretty or fun to use or look at. Color is always good, plus making it easier to find where things are in a hurry. So please make it so there is the option for categories to have pictures on them like the items do. I can enclose a picture of our checkout screen so you can see what I mean.

*Also I think it would be good if square made "sub-categories" as well as categories. Since we have to use our categories as icons on the checkout screen, it doesnt function as well for reports. I would prefer if we could set up just a few Categories like for food, drinks, books, accesories etc and then use Sub-categories like coffee, milkshakes, lattes, burgers, sandwiches for the sub-categories so we can only have one checkout screen with sub-categories on it and then put the many items within the sub-categories like: chocolate milkshakes, vanilla milkshakes, hamburger, cheese burger, jalapeño burger etc. 

I hope this makes sense.

thank you,

[Personal Information redacted]
IMG_0011.jpg

Message 85 of 99
Admin

Hello @janicej77! Thank you for taking the time to provide your use case.

I noticed we had another thread that addressed this feature request. I went ahead and merged the two threads together so we can track all the feedback in one place! Currently we don't have a timeline on when this might be available. Take a look at my answer on the first page for the latest update! 

Message 86 of 99
danielleatCOHO

This response is nearly two years old. When are you guys going to do this?

It is ridiculous that you haven't applied an option to set pictures to categories yet. Seriously.

Message 87 of 99
Admin

Hey @danielleatCOHO, very sorry for the frustration. I went to check on this and there aren't any updates that I can share out at this time. For now, my best suggestion is to consider setting up a grid page that allows you to surface your most frequently sold items (and categories): Set Up Your Item Grid on a Tablet. We will update this thread as soon as any other developments becomes available.

Message 88 of 99
Freedom-USA

I would love to be able to add a picture to a category. Please put this on your "to do" list. Reading through all the replies, people have been asking for this for over a year...and still nothing in the works.

Message 89 of 99
ryanwnzl

I just started with square POS and visual categories was my first step. Turns out it has been requested for 2 years now. Very disappointing start.

Message 90 of 99