x
Beta Member

Can you assign a quantify to a modifier set?

Hi, I would like to have the option to increase the quantity of a specific modifier for a menu item. I.e 2 sides of sauce vs only 1. How can I accomplish this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Concur! I had to set up a modifier called "sweetener packets" (1 packet, 2 packets, etc.), and another modifier called "sweetner type" (sugar, raw sugar, etc.) Takes a long time to scroll through!

Message 2 of 7
Square

@Mrpotatospread - Apologies for the delay in following up. It looks like this one might have accidentally dropped through the cracks. As for your request, while we don't currently offer this functionality, I can definitely see how it would be useful. Just as @BrianC suggested, in the meantime, you would need to create modifiers that reflect quantity i.e. Sugar (1 packet), Sugar (2 packets), etc. You could also just consider adding this information to the notes fields of the item (free handing). You could set up text snippets to speed up the typing process too. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 7

Wil the option to add quanties to a modifier ever change?

Message 4 of 7
Square

No updates to share at this time, @ML2. We'll update you here if this does change in the future so thank you for posting. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Message 5 of 7

Still not possible after more than 2 years?

Message 6 of 7
Admin

@CFOOD

At this time this is still not available in the Square Point of Sale app. We do continue to track this as a Feature Request. You can read a little bit about the Feature Request process here

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 7 of 7