x

Can you reprint an order ticket?

Sometimes order slips gets lost or ruined. I can reprint the receipt bill, but Is there a way to re-print order slips?

Message 1 of 41
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Can I reprint order ticket stubs?

Oh so you'd actually like to print multiples of the same ticket stub? I went ahead and added your post to the Featur Request board - feel free to add an example or details of the printer! 

Thank you! 

1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hey everyone! I'm happy to share an update on this topic. For those of you using iOS devices, in our most recent update, we launched the ability to reprint tickets! You can find this option from three different places in the app:

1. Transactions applet (for reprinting closed tickets)

IMG_0058.PNG

2. Open tickets list (for reprinting open tickets)

IMG_0052.PNG

3. Cart dropdown (for reprinting open tickets)

pasted image 0.png

For those folks using Android devices, we're working hard to extend this same functionality. We'll be sure to update this thread once we know exactly when that will be! 

While it might go without saying, customer feedback is a huge piece of the puzzle that helps inform us what features we need to build and in what order. We definitely appreciate you being a part of that process and helping us keep our customers front and center.

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 31 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Square Community Moderator

Unfortunately order tickets for your kitchen can't be reprinted. If you have order tickets enabled, they'll only print at the time a sale is completed. 

This is most definitely something our Product Team is looking into, so I'll be sure to send your request their way. 

Keep an eye out for updates in the future, as we'll be sure to announce any changes. 

Message 2 of 41

This is something I would like as well. Using wi-fi to connect Square and Fresh KDS is pretty good, but not 100% reliable. Having the ability to reprint an order would be SUPER helpful!

Message 3 of 41
Square

@mream Glad to hear that the Fresh KDS is working for you, I'll share out this feedback with our Product Liaison team. Thanks for taking the time to post! 

Message 4 of 41
Beta Member

I agree! This would be fantastic!

Message 5 of 41
Alumni

We hear you, @CashsCleaners - thanks for your feedback! I'll share it with the team here internally. 

Message 6 of 41

Let's say a customer has already paid for a to-go order that the kitchen is still making. The kitchen loses the ticket order. How can I reprint a kitchen ticket for a paid order? Is that possible?

Thank you!

Message 7 of 41
Alumni

@teamslipp thanks for the question! I moved your message over to this thread, where EJ answered already on the first page. It's possible to re-print receipts (as @Ron had mentioned!), but not kitchen tickets. We know this would be helpful though, and are tracking the request. 

Message 8 of 41

We REALLY need to REPRINT order tickets.  After taking a complicated phone order for 6 sandwiches this morning our POS system went "offline" and the order didn't print.   We got it back online and could not reprint the order.  

Customers phone in orders, it prints out and then 5 minutes later they call back to add to or change something with the order - we need to reprint it and can't.

There are options in the drop down to edit, merge etc - please add REPRINT.

We have had the Square POS for about 4 weeks now and have needed to reprint an order at least 15 times - telling me that this is not a feature but a necessity.

Message 9 of 41

This has been an issue for us as well and they have not done this in the 2 years I have seen and heard many people request it. The POS system was nice when it first came out but it really needs some improvements. We pay more for credit card transaction to use this system and it is getting to the point that our volume of sales is enough to justify an online POS option as they have gotten far cheaper with far more features. To this issue not being able to reprint a ticket is one of the most required and basic functions of a pos system. Reprint of tickets was why many retail companies went from cash registers to pos in the first place a few decades ago ... this is a HORRIBLE oversight and pretty easy to fix since the mechanic to issue a receipt via text and email is there already from the activity screen ... Printers - stop working - run out of paper - have connection issues - the wifi the square system uses has problems as well I would say we have to email a ticket to our email and print it at least twice a day with 200 transactions and what a pain that is .... This and the modifier sets and functions differing online vs the app are the two top priorities to streamline.
Message 10 of 41

Bit wrong their mate no paper ticket is able to be reprinted reciept, order or otherwise

if a customer decides they want a printed reciept after the screen to print it --- no dice 

if a ticket gets lost in the order process --- no dice

if a ticket does not print due to connection issues -- no dice

if a printer runs out of paper midway through transaction -- no dice

if a customer wants to modify a transaction after you can look at the order but not change or modify or reprint -- no dice

if a ticket gets damaged -- no dice

and any number of ways a ticket gets lost or damaged -- no dice

The screen is their through the activity section just need to create a button that links to the printer protocol to reprint it ...

Instead now we have to email it to our back office and go get it ... and orders do not always get to the KD ...

Message 11 of 41
Admin

Hi @sirens and @wheatandfire, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with this. I can definitly see how the ability to reprint order tickets would relieve a lot of stress and keep things moving when printer issues, last minute changes, or other unexpected problems come up — especially in a fast-paced work environment. 

I just checked to see if there were any updates — while we do not have any available developments for reprinting order tickets yet, rest assured that I'll be sharing your feedback with our Product Liaison team.

Please keep in touch, and let us know if any other questions come up in the meantime.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 12 of 41

Thank you for your response, I appreciate you seeing how vital this function is to running our businesses.  Is there an enhancement ticket/process somewhere that I can take a look at?  Since I'm a new customer I'm not familiar with your processes yet.  I have read quite a few responses in this forum from "Square" saying "we will pass it along".    @wheatandfire has been waitng 2 years for the ability to reprint tickes - all I can say to that is WOW.  It should be a simple fix.  This isn't a feature request - it's a real issue for your customers.

While I understand every business has a wish list - and not every change can be made.  I would like to see what requests are being looked at as upgrades.  I don't have the time or patience to wait 2 years to reprint a ticket.

I appreciate any information you can give me.

Message 13 of 41
Admin

Hey @sirens, thanks for circling back. I wish I could offer more clarity in this case, but we aren't able to provide a specific timeline for when this option may be added to Square Register. Apologies for any frustration.

To stay connected with the latest releases, I would suggest subscribing to Point of Sale updates so that you'll get an email notification as soon as we post an announcement on the topic. In addition, you can find more information on feature requests and the seller community here.

In the meantime, if sellers have any other pro-tips aside from Fresh KDS, please feel free to share your experience.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 14 of 41

It would be beyond helpful to be able to "reprint" a ticket with some sort of a restriction, like a mgr. passcode. 

Message 15 of 41
Square

@Taste - Thanks for taking the time to reach out through the community. Would you mind sharing more context for this feature request? I'd like to better understand how this would be useful. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 16 of 41

Sean

This is the feature which will streamline the food preperation and coming out from kitchen.

In myc ase i have 6 chefs in the kitchen who performs their own categories of food like Apetizers, maincourses, soups etc.  and also i have a food runner who makes sure he hand over the food to the right waiter to be served to right table.

If we have only 1 order ticket which needs to be rotated to all the people in the kitchen it just consumes lot of time and also creates lot mof confusion.  If we get ability to reprint order tickets in  the nicest font and what square is providing us it would be really value addition.

because now we are reprinting the ticket as bill whihc would come in smaller font and also all the cost and taxes information whihc kitchen people do not need.

I see this thread is been open for a quiet a while, so i would really appreciate Square team to get back to us with real awsome feature pretty soon.

Message 17 of 41
Square

@HBHLLC - Thanks for taking the time to share more details. I'll be sure to pass along the feedback! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 18 of 41

So, this response was in (edit) June 2016.  In 8 months you've not been able to add this feature?

Has anyone come up with a Work around?  I thought if I added a Modifier or an item  called "Re-Print" that I'd be able to "Edit" a ticket and have it reprint but there doesn't seem to even be a way to "Edit" an item after the ticket has initially been printed

Message 19 of 41
Square

@Route66 - While we love to hear what features and added functionalities would be most useful for our sellers, it's not necessarily a guarantee that a feature will be developed within a certain timeframe. Having said that, the more we hear from our sellers, it creates more of a compelling case for our product teams. I really do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. For more details on this process, I'd suggest you take a look at this thread

Sean
he/him/his
Message 20 of 41

I (and others) been posting about this in the beta group on FB for a long time now.  Here is a recap of those posts. Maybe it will help gain some traction.

The sad thing is that the software (on the ipad anyway), has the software functionality in it.  When (not if) a printer runs out of paper or jams, we get a message, reload the paper and press REPRINT, and voila - a ticket is reprinted with a nice big REPRINT  in white on black. Unfortuantely that is only one case where the function is needed.

So we KNOW the software module/function to reprint a ticket exists.

We KNOW all the data to reprint a ticket exists, because you can look at an open ticket anytime.

We KNOW there is a logical place for the function - the Tickets Edit Button Menu could say:

"Print Receipt  Edit Merge Print Ticket"

What we don't known is why this is taking so long to move up the priority list. From your frustrated customers' viewpoint  it seems like a small coding effort that solve a huge issue and will help you with customer retention.

We all know this is not a feature that will help Square enter into new markets like features such as retail, appointments and invoicing .  We know those new features are needed to help Square get to profitability. But you might want to consider customer retention. I've been using Square since January of 2011.  We've grown from a two person food cart to a 35 seat cafe with 9 employees.  Square has been with us all along the path.  You must know we get calls every week if not every day from vendors offering their soluiton to our POS/card processing needs, right?  This is the ONE issue that is causing me to schedule demos with a few of them.

Message 21 of 41