x

Can you require a dining option to be chosen before starting an order?

Can you require a dining option to be chosen before starting an order?

The front staff sometimes forgets to change for here or to go and we were wondering if it could be required before starting an order

7 Comments
Admin

Hey @Rosie86,

Thanks for surfacing. I see what you mean—the ability to require certain order options specifically related to dining would be very helpful for ensuring that each transaction is processed correctly. I went to check on this and the ability to enable a requirement for dining options isn't available at this time.

For now, you'll have to rely on your staff to manually select the proper dining option as they complete the sale. I'll be raising your post with our Point of Sale team and emphasize that we can prevent incorrect orders by giving sellers more control over the checkout process.

Please keep in touch for updates and, if any other sellers have helpful tips for these kinds of situations, feel free to chime in! 💯

Beta Member

Throwing my 2 cents in on this. Requiring the dining option would be great for us, but we need it per item, not per ticket.

Beta Member

Just checking to see if anything has developed on this.

Square Community Moderator

Hi again, @crystalimages - thanks for checking in on this feature. 

While I can confirm that this feature is not available on our normal POS software, I wanted to double check if this was possible using the Restaurants subscription and it does not seem to be available here either. I am going to resurface this to our Product Teams; I think this would be a solid addition for our restaurant merchants. 

I know we've spoken a lot today about feature requests, and I want to again thank you for your patience! We are constantly looking to bring new features in the fold, and your feedback goes a long way. 

Beta Member

I think this would be the desired option for most restaurants, especially during these times. 

Currently "To-Go" and "Curbside Pickup" are the standard dining options for us but our staff forgets to set these since it's not in the workflow of the order.   Can this be made part of the workflow like you can do with Mods? 

Basically, when an order is started the first window that pops up is the Dining option window? 

Curious if others want this also?

Beta Member

@crystalimages a work around could be this: set a required modifier with dining options on each item. 

Beta Member

@Joe any news about this feature request?  we could really use this as at busy times our staff often forgets to set this correctly.