x
square_marc

Can you track breaks using Square Timecards?

Hey guys,

We are thiking about using the Timecards feature. However just realizing that I don't see a way for employees to take a lunch break? This is a pretty fundamental feature of a timeclock service. Pretty surprised it is not there. Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Chris_C Square

Re: Timecards - Break

Best Answer

Break tracking is now live!

Message 6 of 6
5 Replies
RHatch Super Seller

You just clock out for lunch and then clock in  when you return to work.  Was there something else you are looking for?

Message 2 of 6
square_marc

Unfortunately it is not that simple.

Meal breaks are required by some state labor laws. One of the features of a timeclocking service is to alert the employer which employees did or did not take required meal breaks. They also track the lenght of that break which is also important. 

We have used a number of clock in/out services and they all incorporate a break feature. Without it, this service is somewhat incomplete.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Thanks for the help here @RHatch

Hi @square_marc! While we don't currently offer a break tracking system, but this is definitely a feature that is top of mind for our team. I don't have a timeline to share just yet, but if you'd like, I can have our team reach out to you directly once we start testing this feature out in the future. Thanks for taking the time to post! 

Message 4 of 6
square_marc

Yes, please do let me know. Then we will gladly switch over and use this service. 

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Chris_C Square

Best Answer

Break tracking is now live!

Message 6 of 6