x

Change pickup/shipping/delivery to checkout?

Change pickup/shipping/delivery to checkout?

I offer free pickup and delivery, while I charge a $10 flat rate shipping option across Canada. When my customers go to checkout their items they’re requested to pick an option for pickup/delivery/shipping with a default setting for one of the options. This seems to be confusing for some customers. Is there a way to get rid of the first window and have the shipping options after you put your address in on the checkout page like every other website. 

9 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hey, there! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community. As of right now, this is a feature request that we are tracking. There is no way to move the pop up to a different area of the online store, but I'm happy to pass this feedback onto the Development Team so we can continue tracking the feedback that comes in. 

Thanks for posting and let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Beta Member

I need help with my new Square Online store - I am testing it before announcing it/opening it up to customers and my issue is when you first go to the store, it has a pop up window asking whether you want pick up or delivery and my store allows three options - pick up, delivery, and shipping so how do I get shipping to show up in that pop up window as an option?

sallys-gluten-free-bakery.square.site

I would also add that I have every single item in my Item Library allowing all three methods, I've connected a UPS account, I've selected real-time rates for UPS and have created the shipping region, and saved all of those selections within the settings. Viewing each item for sale allows shoppers to see the item is available for shipping and ultimately when checking out, you can select shipping - my problem is for someone just getting to that page and seeing that pop-up, if they already know they want shipping, they won't see it as an option and might not consider the business further...

Admin

Hi @tmowings. Thanks for bringing this up.

Having the ability to change that first pop up that only shows pickup or delivery is currently a feature request. It sounds like you've got everything set up correctly as far as shipping goes, but unfortunately it won't show as a third option on that initial pop up.

Sorry for any confusion this causes. We're definitely tracking this request, as we've heard other sellers bring this up as well. 

Thanks again and let us know if any other questions come up.

Beta Member

I would like to add a pop-up like the one below on our online store but couldn't figure how to do this (it's not one of the templates).

Our customers are getting confused with the shipping vs delivery toggle button and often place a shipping order when in fact they wanted to be delivered.

This pop-up would solve our problem!

Thank you,

Remy

squarepopup.jpg

Beta Member

Hi! I'm operating a home-based cottage food bakery, and I'd like to designate a meeting area (like a grocery store or coffee shop) as the pickup location in checkout - is this possible?

Or can I only show the pickup ZIP code during checkout, and once the customer places the order, then I'll send my home address in an email?

Admin

Thanks for your post, @rubyellen

This is a feature request that our team is currently tracking, so I'm merging your post into a thread specifically about it so it'll be easier for you to get an update if this changes. Hopefully this is something we can add soon as an option for pickup!

Hi, I wanted to follow up on this feature as well. I had a customer who wanted to pickup, but then changed her mind and wanted to choose shipping instead. The only way she could figure out how to do it was to delete all the items and go back and add them all manually and choose shipping for each of them. Is there a way that my customers can change their minds at the end rather than being stuck with their intial decions? 

Thanks!
Holly

Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @Ambicerebral 👋

Customers can edit the fulfillment method on the Checkout Overview page. This is the page right before the actual checkout screen. You will see the option in the top right corner of the screen directly above the "add coupon or giftcard" section. 

Hope this helps you out! Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 😊

Hey @BernadetteA

I went through the process of adding them to my cart, and pressed the edit button as seen below. However, it only let me edit the pickup time, not change the shipping method. Any tips for what I'm doing wrong? 

Thanks,

Holly

Screenshot_20221119-081505.png