x

Customer name on receipts

Beta Member

Customer name on receipts

Hello,

It would appear there is no official request for this feature.

Ideally the ability to customise a receipt and use template like tags e.g. {{Customer.full_name}} or "{{Customer.first_name}} {{Customer.last_name}}" is much overdue.

This feature has been asked for many years in the community. I primarily use Square Appointments and hardware to provide mobile remedial massage and physical therapy.

It is an absolute industry requirement for health funds in Australia that the customer's name (and preferably their address) appear on the receipt in order for them to claim a rebate.

I have to waste time (and money!) generating separate receipts outside of Square for all my health fund customers.

Manually adding the customer's name and/or address in the 'Notes' each and every time is not an acceptable solution which has been suggested in the past.

It is now at a make or break point, we are now actively trialing alternatives to Square Appointments and hardware for our business to meet this simple requirement.

@Elyn @Seamus 

0 Likes
2 Comments
Admin

Hey @AthletesGuildAU,

Thanks for flagging - I moved our existing thread to the Feature Requests board so we can track all feedback in one place, it looks like it hadn't originally been posted on the correct board and we'd not previously moved it.

While I don't have any news to share on whether customer names on receipts is something that will  make it to Square Receipts, I do understand that this is a non-negotiable for some businesses and encourage you to make the best decisions for your business. This has been an understandably popular request from health related businesses in Australia and we'll continue to highlight the feedback we see on our community forum with our product teams, and share any news if we do hear of changes.

Yes please, will be forced to switch to another company soon if I can not get the customers names on receipts.

Issuing receipts twice for each customer, once via square, and once via typing out a manual receipt, is way too time consuming. Please can you tell me if you have idea of a time frame when this may come through?