x

Daily Balance Sheet for Two Cash Drawers

Is there anyone using 2 registers that could share their balance sheet or how they close it down at the end of the day?

Thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @Boondocks, thanks for checking in.

I went to check on this, and we aren't able to offer this specific configuration at this time. It looks like some other sellers brought up a similar request in another thread—have a look at "Can I use 2 cash drawers with 1 point of sale?" for their comments.

So that I can share some more information with our Point of Sale team, can you reply with some more details on why this is important for your business? I'll keep watch for your reply. 

Appreciate your patience as we're constantly making improvements based on seller feedback.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for your reply... but i did figure a way to work this configuration out ....my problems arise with filling my daily ballance sheet every day.... and even when my drawers are to the penny, my numbers are just way off at the end of a shift. By -200 bucks tonight alone. any Daily ballance sheet square could recommend would be useful.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Ah, got it. Apologies for the confusion—I think I read into your question too deeply. 🙃

That discrepancy does sound strange. If you haven't already, I'd suggest touching base with our Customer Success team so that they can take a quick look behind the scenes. Hopefully that will help clear things up.

If any other sellers have insight on what's worked well for closing multiple cash drawers at the end of the day, please don't hesitate to weigh in!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 6

Customer support told me I should update square lol....

End of Shift Balance Sheet

1)Reg A Ending Amt._____                                               Reg A Beginning Amt.________

2)Reg B Ending Amt._____                                               Reg B Beginning Amt._______

3)Check________                                                                Starting total____________

4)Card  ________                                  (PM Shift)Subtract AM Cash Sales________

5)Reg A Paid Outs_____                                                 PM Starting Total__________

6)Reg B Paid Outs_____

• Add#1-6___________________
  • Subtract Starting Total________
  • Total Collected______________
  • Over/Under________________
Message 5 of 6

Hi there,

Did you find resolution when you contacted customer service? I'm having the same issue with the drawer being really off daily. It's hard to explain to people, but it sounds like you would understand. Please let me know what you discovered.

Message 6 of 6