x

Detailed transaction report with full customer details

Hi,

We're hoping to use our Square setup for some upcoming events, but need to ensure we can get the reporting that we need.

I'm looking for a way to get reports that include the following information per-transaction:

1. Full customer details, including phone number and address

2. Full item details for each item in the transaction, including Quantity, SKU and Item Modifiers

3. Any notes entered in along with the item at the time of sale.

I tried to look through the existing reporting functionality, and the "Item Sales" detailed report gets pretty close to a workable solution, but it does not include full customer details.  Any idea how to include that in a single report without having to do a separate export of the customer database and then applying some kind of join or lookup between them?

Message 1 of 28
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @MMD, sorry to see you haven't received a response to your post yet! There isn't a report that will have all of this info, unfortunately. The Transaction CSV will have most of it, excluding the customer's contact info. That spreadsheet would have to be referenced against your Customers page and/or export for their contact info. 

I agree it would be nice to have it all in one place! I'll pass on the suggestion, but let us know if you have any other questions.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Square

Best Answer

Hi @MMD, sorry to see you haven't received a response to your post yet! There isn't a report that will have all of this info, unfortunately. The Transaction CSV will have most of it, excluding the customer's contact info. That spreadsheet would have to be referenced against your Customers page and/or export for their contact info. 

I agree it would be nice to have it all in one place! I'll pass on the suggestion, but let us know if you have any other questions.

Message 2 of 28

We, too, would,like a report that details daily transactions, including customer names, without resorting to a CSV / Excel dump.  Square, PLEASE make customizable transaction reports beyond mere summaries available on the dashboard.  We're frankly quite puzzled why such an simple transaction report isn't already available.  Thank you

Message 3 of 28

Yes - we need to enter the transaction details into a medical software for patient information.  The export of transaction detail does not include the customer name.  Are we doing something wrong/haven't set up something correctly?  This seems like a simple report that everyone who uses Square to reconcile their day would want.

Message 4 of 28
Alumni

Hey there @bevKhavkin & @Robin2

I definitely see where having all of this information in one place would make operating your business a lot easier. I'll be sure to let our Product Team know that this feature is being requested! 

Message 5 of 28

We too are in need of a report like this with transactions and customer details.  As a non-profit, we need to provide this information as backup to our fundraiser sales.

Message 6 of 28

Do you have an update on this from the Product Team?

Message 7 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Hi @bdhousel 

Nothing new to report around this, as you're still not able to export customer information along side your transaction information. 

If anything new comes up, we'll post an update, and we'll continue to advocate for this on your behalf. 

Message 8 of 28

"That [transaction] spreadsheet would have to be referenced against your Customers page and/or export for their contact info. " - Sounds great, except as far as I can tell there is no way to associate lines from the transaction spreadsheet with a distinct line in a spreadsheet exported from the customer screen.  What field would I use to cross-reference them?

Message 9 of 28

I too am looking for a custom report to include:

• Customer Name
    • Address to include City, State and Zip
    • Item sold
    • Amount Sold
    • Tax
    • Date Sold
    • Last 4 digit CC number

Message 10 of 28
Beta Member

We need a customer transaction report as well. Surprised this is not available. 

Message 11 of 28

As others have said, this seems like a pretty basic report that everyone would want to have.  A report that shows who bought what.

I have to send reports showing which people on the registration sheet have paid their fees through Square.  Seems like it would be a very common type of request.  Please continue asking the engineering guys to make this happen. 

Message 12 of 28

We also need this report.

Message 13 of 28

How do I export a list of all sales that includes items and buyer name, etc.?

Message 14 of 28
Admin

Thanks for joining the Seller Community @Mdelaw. The detail you're looking for is in the Transactions CSV.

When you export this report from your online Square Dashboard you'll see the item names in the column titled 'Description' and buyer names in the column title 'Customer Name'.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 15 of 28

Just wondering how you expecting people to then do a manual data entry of shipping address?

Message 16 of 28

Hi - is there a way to do this yet? isn't this an essential part of running a business - square is supposedly for mobile sales and businesses that might need to post items out - how do we easily extract a list of sales for a given time period with customer details against each sale.  We need this for fulfilment of phone sales or physical sales through square that we need to then take to the post office and post to the customer.

Can anyone please help?

Message 17 of 28

They don't seem to eager to make this happen.  It's been a year since the original ask.

Message 18 of 28

This is crazy.  The data is there it just needs a way to be pulled into the report!

Message 19 of 28

There is another thread with this request and nothing after two years despite staff saying they would suggest it to development.  Disappointing.

Message 20 of 28

I need this report also.  I was able to get all the info I needed at the first part of 2018.  What happened?? From the current dashboard I cannot get any of this information to export to excel.

I need this ASAP for my business.  Bring it back like you had it.  The only information I can access from my dashboard I can get without evening looking at Square.  I need details like you had before.

Please, look at all the requests your customers are asking for - it's all the same thing.

Please respond to ALL of OUR requests

Message 21 of 28