x
Beta Member

Different orders to different emails? By category.

I don't think this is currently possible but my local farmers market wants to use square for online orders, the thing that would be really useful would be to separate emails by category so if seller 1 gets an order they get the email for the order and so on... Essentially like a store within a store... Or atleast the ability to print off a recipt that only prints items of certain selected categories but on a computer. This is basically a type of post to say if it exsist then how do I do it? If not here's a suggestion 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MattHebb1995,

My apologies but I've read this a few times and I'm really not sure what you're asking.

Can you break it down a little more for me or explain more about what this would look like? It doesn't sound like anything we offer but I want to make sure.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

So it's for a farmers market, say someone buys meats from seller a and seller c. They both get an email with the order but not seller b or d. Same as if seller j gets an order he only gets the order email. All the sellers are part of the one store, money is all sent to the connected account and distributed later. Even if you could print orders just by category, print all orders that are category a, I know you can do this with autoprint on a recipt printer but not online. Then each vender could be treated like a different category. 

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@MattHebb1995 I checked in with the Weebly team and they confirmed this would be a feature request so it's been passed along to them! 

It's quite an intricate request but I see what you're saying now with it. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Who merged my question with this?  They are not the same question.  This guy has a very specific question that relates to wanting to send email orders to different addresses based on category.

My request is more global, I have two locations and want emails to go to different addresses based solely on location.  This would be extremely simple to implement, while the other guys question is a lot more difficult. 

Also, if someone were to search for my question and find this, they wouldn't bother reading the other comments.  I understand you are trying to consolidate, but don't consolidate questions that aren't related please.

Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

I have two locations and so I have two email addresses. 

I need each location to receive its respective order emails.  How is this not a thing right now? I can't believe that I have to receive all orders to the same email address, when the food is being made in two different locations.

PLEASE IMPLEMENT ASAP as its an urgent matter.  I'm going to have to ditch Square online ordering if there isn't a quick turnaround on this.

Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

You know this is still an urgent matter...  super easy to implement.

Message 7 of 7