x
Admin

Re: Unnecessary appointment text notifications?

Hi @Pleij - Sorry about the frustration! 

We don't have a timeline to share yet, but I would love to hear more about how this would help your business. Our appointments team is very eager to learn more about your use case if you could share it with them. 

Message 31 of 39
Highlighted
Clbeauty

Making double booking appointment for client at the Hair salon

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Making double booking appointment for client at the Hair salon" The author has been notified via email.

Hello: I’m a hair stylist and using Square for the first time. Will the booking app allow me to double book my clients? For example: I normally book a single process color with 30 min application and 30 min processing time; during that 30 min processing time, I will take a client in between. Will I be able to do that with square?

Message 32 of 39
Clbeauty

Double booking through square appointment

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Double booking through square appointment" The author has been notified via email.

Making double booking appointment for client at the Hair salon

Hello: I’m a hair stylist and using Square for the first time. Will the booking app allow me to double book my clients? For example: I normally book a single process color with 30 min application and 30 min processing time; during that 30 min processing time, I will take a client in between. Will I be able to do that with square?

Message 33 of 39
Hair-Rebel

Is there a way to "double book" hair appointments??

For example: When I have a client who gets color and a haircut/style. I generally would schedule them XX time in the beginning, XX time for processing, and XX time for come back service; and usually I try to schedule another client in their processing time. It doesn't seem like I can set appointments up that way with square. Anyone know a work around??

I tried putting services separately for color with extra blocked time and cut/style with no blocked time. When I scheduled a client for both services I added the color service first and it showed the blocked time. Then I added the cut and it removed the blocked time and put the cut immediately after the color application.

Message 34 of 39
Admin

Re: Is there a way to "double book" hair appointments??

Great question, @Hair-Rebel

You're correct that there isn't the ability to book an appointment that overlaps another appointment for processing time, but it's a popular request. 

Our product team appreciates these kinds of posts, so I'll be sure to share the example with them. Hopefully other sellers have workarounds to suggest!

Message 35 of 39
Amalkasabri

This issue has to be solved by the Square tech team as this can cause major financial lose to the stylist, and can be a turn off to the use of application, most of the salon application do that I don't see why Square can't do that. 

Message 36 of 39
Admin

I hear you, it's certainly a popular request. We'll pass on the feedback and update here if this changes in the future.

Message 37 of 39
RebelFemmeSalon

I was excited to keep the appointments option for my new salon opening, however I am now seeing you cannot double book.  This is a HUGE bummer.  Especially because you cannot shrink or expand appointments, or double book multiple people.  Thats how we make money.  If this can't be intergrated, I suppose I will have to use a different software.  It does not make sense for the user to overlap the appts.  It makes the day look very confusing.  There should be the option to book a service with a finishing time. 

Message 38 of 39
Admin

@RebelFemmeSalon We appreciate the feedback here. 

This has been one of the more popular requests when it comes to appointment booking. Hopefully our Product Team can get something implemented in the near future that works for you. 

Message 39 of 39