x

Does Square Appointments offer double booking?

Beta Member

Does Square Appointments offer double booking?

I'm a hairstylist and regularly 'power' or 'double' book my clients during haircolor services to maximize my schedule and earnings.  For example, I schedule my highlight & haircut service at 3 hours:  this gives me an hour to highlight, one hour for the client to process, and the last hour for the cut and blowdry.  During that hour of processing time, I schedule another client for a color and/or cut service.  Is this something that can be done with Square Appointments?  So far, it looks like if a client books me for a highlight & cut at noon, I'd be unavailible for any other bookings until 3pm...  I need to show availibity for a 1pm appt.

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Double Booking Appointments

Hi there @jjohnstone 👋

We introduced the processing time feature last year, which enables your clients to book appointments during your down time.

You can learn more about how this works here, but be sure to let me know if this isn't what you were looking for!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community!

Verified Answer

Re: Square Appointments: How do I book clients in between processing time?

Kinda tricky.

The service duration + the block time for the service has to be less than the processing time. It gets complicated if both services have processing time. It has to puzzle together perfectly in order to work. 

It could also be be the calendar settings for when times can be booked. Typically we suggest setting the processing time to  According to service duration within Appts Dashboard > Settings > Calendar & Booing > Appointments are scheduled. 

@Hannahchristine

162 Comments
Square Community Moderator

While you can definitely book your clients for overlapping appointments from your Square Appointments Calendar, this ability doesn't currently extend to the booking tool. 

I don't have an exact ETA  for the inclusion of this feature, but we're definitely working on improving Square Appointments. 

We continually make changes and improvements based on seller feedback, so keep it coming.  😀

Beta Member

Square Appointments definately won't work for me since I need a scheduling app that allows customers to see & book my processing times.  Bummer.  This is something that's availible with other widely used salon scheduling apps like StyleSeat... Is Square Appointments working on being able to offer this in the near future?

Greetings!  I would really love to use the Square Appointments, but as a hair stylist, I need 'processing time' as part of the service!  For example, If a client wants a highlight and haircut, I would need a 45 minute spot for the highlights, 30 minute break between where I could book another appointment and then one hour for the haircut. Will this be a feature added in the future?  If so, how long!!  Thanks!

Square

Great question! While we don't have a "processing time" option, I've definitely heard this request before! I'll be sure to pass this request along to our Appointments team. Thanks for taking the time to share this, we love hearing the feedback! 

I am also interested in using Square appointments but need a double booking feature.  Do you know when this will take effect?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add double booking / processing time!  I don't want to have to leave for StyleSeat because I love Square, but I NEED double booking as a hair stylist.  An option with "processing time" between application and haircuts is necessary.  You guys would blow the other apps out of the water if you had this.

Any idea on when this will happen? 

Square

Hi @suzimojock — It looks like a few other sellers had the same question, and received an answer. Check out the reply from EJ and let me know if that helps!

I run a dog daycare and wish people could book in the same time frame. To avoid this problem I make my appointments just 10-15 mins so people can book different times but my customers are ALWAYS confussed about the 10 minute window listed. Ideally I would be able to make the apointment length any amout of time I want without it conflicting with others in the same time frame. This app is almost perfect at this point for me except for this. HELP

Square

@PITSTOPHQ - It looks like we've heard this request from another seller. Feel free to subscribe to this thread for future updates. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. 

For example: When I have a client who gets color and a haircut/style. I generally would schedule them XX time in the beginning, XX time for processing, and XX time for come back service; and usually I try to schedule another client in their processing time. It doesn't seem like I can set appointments up that way with square. Anyone know a work around??

I tried putting services separately for color with extra blocked time and cut/style with no blocked time. When I scheduled a client for both services I added the color service first and it showed the blocked time. Then I added the cut and it removed the blocked time and put the cut immediately after the color application.