x

Feature request for Invoices: Inventory is updated when an invoice is created (not when it is paid)

Feature request for Invoices: Inventory is updated when an invoice is created (not when it is paid)

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Square invoices now syncs with Square Inventory

Thanks for adding this feature, but I agree with TomLittle above.  The feature is not usable until there is a way to reduce the inventory on CREATION of the invoice.

The whole point of having inventory tracking is to know how much you have left to sell.  You can't have an accurate idea if inventory that is actually "sold" is still included in the "available" category.

Please complete this functionality ASAP.   

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature request for Invoices: Inventory is updated when an invoice is created (not when it is pa

It's a money grab it's never going to happen it hasn't happened in all these years and years and years. we know it works in other systems.  Square wants the invoice to be paid, so they get their cut, which is fine but give us the ability to take it out of inventory.  You're biting off your nose to spite your face.

Verified Answer

Re: Feature request for Invoices: Inventory is updated when an invoice is created (not when it is pa

So you mean to tell me that Square did all this work on INVOICES and didn't work on the Invoicing and Inventory issue with people SCREAMING FOR YEARS to have inventory reduced after invoice is created.  You have got to be kidding me.  I've been patient, but have had enough.  GET SOMEONE THAT CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!  THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE AT THIS POINT.  PRETTY MUCH STUPIDITY.  Adding all the fluff that we don't need is crazy.  WE NEED THIS INVOICE ABILITY NOW!!!!!!   Get the word to anyone and everyone.  Post their emails so we can bombard them directly.  I feel our voices are NOT BEING HEARD!!!  We want answers.

Verified Answer

Re: Stock Counts Not Changing Upon Invoicing

Items added to invoices won't decrement inventory until the invoice is paid, not when it's created. From Dashboard, make to enable Inventory Management for Invoices within Items > Settings so stock amounts reflect accurately with each Invoice sale. 

@blessednaildiva

217 Comments

When an invoice is created, the items on that invoice are NOT deducted from the inventory. This causes a huge problem on the back-end for figuring out why I have positive-stock numbers for items that I am out of. I mostly use the invoice feature for Owner-draw and Employee charges (which leads to another topic "Post-tax deductions").

The only work-around I can come up with would be to run the sale under "Other", and keep track of it a different way.

Has anyone else run into an issue similar to mine?

Thanks in advance!

i agree.  When an invoice is created it should relieve inventory by that quantity invoiced.  We should NOT have to go in and manually reduce inventory.  And similarly, if an invoice is cancelled, it should add that quantity back.

SQUARE - Please help fix this issue...

Square

Appreciate the feedback everyone! It sounds like you are all raising some very valid frustrations. I'll be sure to share your thoughts with our Invoices team! 

I have been running into the same problem.  I couldn't figure out why my inventory has been off every week and then I figured it out this morning when creating invoices.  Ugh!  Huge problem.  Have there been any updates from Square yet?

Square

@koreilly - I don't have any updates to share at this time, but I'll be sure to pass along the feedback! Thanks for taking the time to share. 🙂

This issue and the other I've recently posted about (gathering shipping information as a part of invoice payment) are the two huge flaws in the platform's ability to compete with Paypal.  I'm currently torn between using Paypal because of the shipping feature and Square for the in person transactions and inventory tracking.  I need invoices to work with the inventory system and to ALSO have the basic functionality of collecting shipping information from the customer like Paypal does.  Any word on when that update may roll out?

Square

Hi @audrabransgrove. I don't have any sort of timeframes to share at this time, but these features are definitely something top of mind for our Invoices Team. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback! I'll also be sure to update this thread with any future updates. 

Just coming on to share that I agree. Inventory numbers should be integrated with invoices. It seems like it should go hand in hand. 
I appreciate you passing another vote in favor of that feature. 
Thanks!

I agree with the other vendors, invoicing should decrement inventory.  Really, this is basic stuff.  I didn't say simple, I just said basic.  Let us have it please.  -- Kind regards, John

This message was back in March, it's now July.  Are you any closer to fixing the invoicing + inventory issue?

This almost makes it not worth it if it does not work.

Thank you,