x

Invoices: How do I send an estimate?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Sending estimate

I have read through some of the other post and it sounded like square was working on this a year ago.  So how am I able to send the estimate?  Only thing I see is send an invoice.

Message 1 of 134
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Invoices Quote Toggle

Hello! Square Estimates are now available! 🎉

More information about creating and sending Estimates are available in our Support Center🙂

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Devonbonnet, thanks for checking in here.

Update: Square Estimates are now available! Check out this Support Center article for the steps to send an estimate from your online Square Dashboard.

🎉

I went to look for more specifics on estimates with Android devices and it's being worked on—hopefully, it will be available in a few weeks.

Keep an eye on this thread for the latest: Beta Test Estimates for Square Invoices. Appreciate your patience, and let us know if any other questions come up. 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 124 of 134
133 REPLIES 133

If we hahe to use invoiceasap for sending estimates why not use it to send our invoices? I mean invoiceasap charges a momthly fee for their service so it will cost to send estimates with invoiceasap. I'm considering changing from square to something else.

Message 22 of 134
Beta Member

Thumbs up for estimates/quotes! It would be REALLY useful for our automotive services company. We have customers come in for quotes daily and it would be nice to be able to save them to their customer profile, send them a copy and then complete the check out once the service is actually performed. It also would be super beneficial if we could follow up with an email for customers who have not redeemed the services they had quoted, which would increase conversion!

We're currently using paper quotes and are trying to switch to digital. Until this option is launched, I'm going to still use square, by loading in the customers information, adding the items to the sale and then saving a screenshot on the iPad. Only problem is the quotes will have to be fond via date and can't be searched. Most people forget how long ago they came in, even when it has only been 2 days *rolls eyes*

Please launch this feature!!!! Would make Square a TRUE one stop app for everything my business needs.

Message 23 of 134
Alumni

Hi @staticms - welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

Thanks so much for sharing how this would be useful for your business. Do know that we are tracking requests for features like this and communicating them to our Product Team

Thanks for hanging in there with us! 👍

Message 24 of 134

An Estimate is generally a range of pricing that can't be finalized until the work is done. Any attempt to use the curent invoice system as an estimate subsitute reveals that a specific amount must be entered before an invoice can be sent to a client. Entering a specific invoice amount locks me into a price prior to a job with unknown factors which may increase the cost of the job.

Message 25 of 134

@savemybees, you bring up a great point.

Not being able to have the price range could make for an awkward conversation when you have to increase the price upon arriving at a job site. I will make sure to pass this feedback along to our product team. 

If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them. 😀

Message 26 of 134

I am new to Square and signed up as it seems to be the oldest most estabilished option. I did not even consider that we could not do estimates before signing up. That is my mistake. 

But if we can not add estimates, we will be forced to use a different solution. This is very discouraging that we can not do this simple feature.

Message 27 of 134

It looks like its been about 5 or 6 months since the first request for estimates was noted.  Is this now available to us?  It should not be too hard to create a second document that states estimate instead of invoice, right?

Please advise as I am making a decision to use or not to use Square as a merhcant solution.

Thanks!

Message 28 of 134

Hi Chad,

Any update on estimates?  Most urgently request that option

Thanks!

Message 29 of 134

Hello @debthomas

Good news! Our Invoices Team is moving forward with this feature request.  Currently, I don't have a timeline for when this feature will be available. Also, I want to emphasize that this won't be implemented over night and will take quite a bit of time to build. The Invoices Team is working on a number of projects in 2018 to help improve the product for all Square Sellers. 

I will update this thread as soon as the feature is available! 😃

Message 30 of 134

I spent a lot of time setting up my business with square platform not knowing there is no quote or estimate feature now I’m stuck. I’m in the HVAC business and every transaction relies on quotes. My business is launching Jan 1st 2018. Need this feature now. Please Help. 

Message 31 of 134

This is great! We do event floristry and create a quote for the customer each time in excel, then have to recreate everything in Square to send the invoice if the customer decides to move forward with us. It's a pain! This will be a huge win for our company, looking forward to a quick release!

Message 32 of 134

This is great! We do event floristry and create a quote for the customer each time in excel, then have to recreate everything in Square to send the invoice if the customer decides to move forward with us. It's a pain! This will be a huge win for our company, looking forward to a quick release!

After that, you should make it so that the tax can be changed after the invoice has been created. You wouldn't believe how many times we've built out a full invoice only to realize that we didn't switch to the correct city tax before creating the invoice, meaning we have to switch the tax and then start over from scratch. Huge pain in the neck! 

Message 33 of 134

I, too, really need to be able to send estimates to my customers.  Any news on rolling out this important feature?

If you need additional tech people to help speed up this effort, I'm available for immediate hire!  If interested, please contact me via the email in my Square profile.  Thanks!

Message 34 of 134
Square Community Moderator

Hi @HerGeekness

Unfortunately there's nothing new to report around this feature, but in regards to you being hired, we'd love to have you!

I'll keep advocating for this feature to get prioritized in the future and hopefully something comes along sooner rather than later. 

Message 35 of 134

Please do, I run a low voltage company and had to move from the JoistApp to something more robust: Squareup but now I'm missing the ability to send something as simple as an estimate for which I have to create an entire document from another app. Don't get me wrong not to say it to be lazy but it makes real sense and obviously would benefit both parties if estimates were added. That would put Squareup much higher up on apps for field service businesses (higher than jobber, serviceautopilot, and workflowmax). I for one would love to make squareup my one and only back office app becuase of the simplistic yet attractive design, many customization, and lovely pricing structure of features. Even if I had to pay for estimates as part of the service, in a lot of ways Squareup is a great app already. Please oh please add estimates devops!!!

Sincerely, 

Ingentous

Fiore

Message 36 of 134

Hi EJ_,

The best way I could be of help to Square is by being a paid beta tester remotely since I live in the LA area.

I have a few other suggestions, as well, including implementing the ability to rearrange the items already added to an invoice.  Order matters and I'm human! 😁  There are times when I realize I need to change the order of the items I already added and, right now to do that, I have to delete and re-add items until I'm happy with the order.  Needless to say, that's a pain in the tukas!  Shouldn't be too difficult to implement this feature, no?  Thx!

Please let me know if Square/Squareup needs any beta testers. 👍

Message 37 of 134

As you can see, your seller community has been requesting the ability to create quotes for some time and there is still no option for that. This can't be that difficult. It's as simple as using your current invoice method except having the ability to save and send as a draft rather than an invoice. Can't be that difficult. You need to up the priority on this as this method is obviously used by the majority of the freelancers that use your service. Get 'er done.

Message 38 of 134

I too am wanting to make the move from Quickbooks to Square but I really need an estimate/quote option. We do a lot of estimates for customers and if I have to send something that says invoice but named Estimate it could cost me business. Hope this is released soon.

Message 39 of 134

We are also currently investing a lot of time setting up Square for our inventory tracking, invoicing, POS, etc.  In doing so one of the things that came up in our meetings this week was how do we do an estimate > invoice in square.

We have an estimating software right now for bids to clients, but it would be great if that bid was created as a square estimate and then could be turned into an invoice. 

It would aslo be incredibly helpful if both invoices and estimates could have different sections. For exable, when writing an estimate id like the ability to have a "master bedroom" header, then add items to it and have a section sub total.  The customer can then go through an estimate or invoice and see each section and its invidual pricing.

Message 40 of 134

Come on Square, get with it, we need quotes and estimates!! 

Message 41 of 134

I am desperate for Square to offer the ability to create estimates and convert them to invoices. This feature would be incredibly lucrative for Square. As I, people would flock from QuickBooks.  It boggles my mind why Square would not have this option.  You guys are missing out on an icredible opertunity to attract a mass of companies that need this simple feature!  SMH.......  Also I am an original beta tester for Square.  I still have my original square reader!  I would like to offer my services to beta test the estimate feature if need be.  

Message 42 of 134