x
Compasss

Re: Does Square provide the ability to create esitmates? Moving from quickbooks

This is great! We do event floristry and create a quote for the customer each time in excel, then have to recreate everything in Square to send the invoice if the customer decides to move forward with us. It's a pain! This will be a huge win for our company, looking forward to a quick release!

Message 21 of 37
Compasss

This is great! We do event floristry and create a quote for the customer each time in excel, then have to recreate everything in Square to send the invoice if the customer decides to move forward with us. It's a pain! This will be a huge win for our company, looking forward to a quick release!

After that, you should make it so that the tax can be changed after the invoice has been created. You wouldn't believe how many times we've built out a full invoice only to realize that we didn't switch to the correct city tax before creating the invoice, meaning we have to switch the tax and then start over from scratch. Huge pain in the neck! 

Message 22 of 37
HerGeekness

I, too, really need to be able to send estimates to my customers.  Any news on rolling out this important feature?

If you need additional tech people to help speed up this effort, I'm available for immediate hire!  If interested, please contact me via the email in my Square profile.  Thanks!

Message 23 of 37
Admin

Hi @HerGeekness

Unfortunately there's nothing new to report around this feature, but in regards to you being hired, we'd love to have you!

I'll keep advocating for this feature to get prioritized in the future and hopefully something comes along sooner rather than later. 

Message 24 of 37
IngentousTech

Please do, I run a low voltage company and had to move from the JoistApp to something more robust: Squareup but now I'm missing the ability to send something as simple as an estimate for which I have to create an entire document from another app. Don't get me wrong not to say it to be lazy but it makes real sense and obviously would benefit both parties if estimates were added. That would put Squareup much higher up on apps for field service businesses (higher than jobber, serviceautopilot, and workflowmax). I for one would love to make squareup my one and only back office app becuase of the simplistic yet attractive design, many customization, and lovely pricing structure of features. Even if I had to pay for estimates as part of the service, in a lot of ways Squareup is a great app already. Please oh please add estimates devops!!!

Sincerely, 

Ingentous

Fiore

Message 25 of 37
HerGeekness

Hi EJ_,

The best way I could be of help to Square is by being a paid beta tester remotely since I live in the LA area.

I have a few other suggestions, as well, including implementing the ability to rearrange the items already added to an invoice.  Order matters and I'm human! 😁  There are times when I realize I need to change the order of the items I already added and, right now to do that, I have to delete and re-add items until I'm happy with the order.  Needless to say, that's a pain in the tukas!  Shouldn't be too difficult to implement this feature, no?  Thx!

Please let me know if Square/Squareup needs any beta testers. 👍

Message 26 of 37
Interlinked

As you can see, your seller community has been requesting the ability to create quotes for some time and there is still no option for that. This can't be that difficult. It's as simple as using your current invoice method except having the ability to save and send as a draft rather than an invoice. Can't be that difficult. You need to up the priority on this as this method is obviously used by the majority of the freelancers that use your service. Get 'er done.

Message 27 of 37
TxMasterLock

I too am wanting to make the move from Quickbooks to Square but I really need an estimate/quote option. We do a lot of estimates for customers and if I have to send something that says invoice but named Estimate it could cost me business. Hope this is released soon.

Message 28 of 37
EllisEnt

We are also currently investing a lot of time setting up Square for our inventory tracking, invoicing, POS, etc.  In doing so one of the things that came up in our meetings this week was how do we do an estimate > invoice in square.

We have an estimating software right now for bids to clients, but it would be great if that bid was created as a square estimate and then could be turned into an invoice. 

It would aslo be incredibly helpful if both invoices and estimates could have different sections. For exable, when writing an estimate id like the ability to have a "master bedroom" header, then add items to it and have a section sub total.  The customer can then go through an estimate or invoice and see each section and its invidual pricing.

Message 29 of 37
Highlighted
LEGALSERVEINC

Come on Square, get with it, we need quotes and estimates!! 

Message 30 of 37