x

Does the Square Stand work with the latest generation of iPads?

Do you guys plan on updating the Square Stand to accomodate the latest generation of ipads? The current gen iPads include: iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 2. I'm a potential new customer and I really hope there's something on the horrizion! 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Good news, @kmolnar, @HBenham

Our latest Stand is now available and supports iPad Pro 9.7", iPad Air 2, or iPad Air. 

It's available in the Square Shop now!

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Updated! See the comment from Spenser.

@kmolnar - Thanks for the post. 

While we I can't offer any sort of timeline regarding potential future product releases, I definitely understand your feedback. We're always looking at ways to improve the experience for our sellers, including our hardware options. I'll be sure to pass along this thread to our product liaison team!

In the meantime, I'll be sure to share any updates if I hear anything more specific. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 8

Sean,

The iPad pro has been out long enough that one would assume the development team has had ample time to update the stands.  It has been just shy of a year for the 12.9 release date and 6+ months for the 9.7. However, there is still no word on when we can expect the new stands?!? Will we be waiting until the devices are out of date hardware, or will we be receiving word of a new product soon?

H. Benham

Message 3 of 8
Square

@HBenham - I don't have any word on any sort of timeline, but I'll be happy to update this thread if I do hear something concrete. Thanks for your patience. 😄

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 8

Thank you Sean. 

Message 5 of 8
Square

Best Answer

Good news, @kmolnar, @HBenham

Our latest Stand is now available and supports iPad Pro 9.7", iPad Air 2, or iPad Air. 

It's available in the Square Shop now!

Message 6 of 8

Spenser, you made my day! I'm glad I waited to purchase my equipment! Thanks!

Message 7 of 8

Thank goodness! Thank you so much for the heads up. 

Message 8 of 8