x

Feature Request: Ability to Resend Customer Reviews

Feature Request: Ability to Resend Customer Reviews

The feature to resubmit an email for a review is detrimental to my business. I get requests from existing clients asking how to submit a review that may have deleted the email and can no longer leave a review on my website. Does everyone agree that the ability to send an email to request the reviews should be a standard feature?? 

13 Comments
Admin

Hey @Emreardon, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community 👋

Appreciate your feedback here! I'll pass it forward to our product team.

As you've pointed out at the moment we don't offer the ability for sellers to manually prompt customers to leave reviews, however these emails can be set to automatically send 2-4 weeks after a purchase is made.

I can see that it would be handy to have the ability to prompt customers again! Are you finding customers deleting the review email then deciding they do want to leave a review is happening quite frequently, or is it an occasional occurrence? If they make another purchase from you in the future this will prompt another review email to be sent, so you might be able to reassure them they'll get the chance again in the future if they are regular customers!

Hi Seamus, 

Thank you for your prompt response. 

We made the decision to upgrade to the next package on square purely for reviews as we find this is a very important factor in bringing in sales for our business, and any business for that manner. 
We have received a number of customers wishing to leave a review and asking how they can do this, however this is never a quick or easy process for them as it should be.
As a business we should be able to assist our customers by making this an easy process. It should not be up to the customer to search previous emails in order to help us as a business. 
It would be really appreciated if this could be a feature implemented, or if there’s another site in which we can receive reviews in which they carry over to square. 
Thanks

Admin

Thanks for the additional context @Emreardon! I'll pass it forward to out eCommerce team.

One thing you can do in the meantime is add a testimonial section to your homepage where you can manually add customer testimonials:

It's not quite the same thing, but is another avenue you can use now to display customer comments on your website.

Hey @Seamus - I have been looking to see where I can find more info on this. I am in the same boat here. Upgraded the plan just for reviews and to be honest, its half baked. Is this feature request being looked into at all?

Square Community Moderator

Hey @loktaa,

Thanks for joining the conversation here! 

We're continuing to pass on the feedback regarding Square Online Customer Reviews to our Product Team as we receive it. While we don't have any updates to share with you at this time, should this change in future, we'll be sure to tag everyone and comment in this thread.

Just to clarify, are you finding the same issue with customers deleting their email before getting the chance to leave a review? Additionally, how often would you say your customers ask to leave a review on a weekly basis? 

I'm hoping to pass on some specific examples so that our team can better understand this request.

Thanks, I'll keep a look out for your reply!

Hey @Laurie_ 

Sorry, let me clarify. I don't have the issue of customers deleting the email. 

I upgraded my plan just to be able to receive reviews. But I have not been successful because I am not able to encourage my customers to leave reviews. I am left at the behest of an automated email from square. 

In the least, for a full review functionality, I would love to able to:

- know if/when review request has been sent so we can refer to this date/time stamp exactly (so they can check their emails)

- resend review request email to specific customers / specific orders (some customers say they haven't received these emails)

- retrieve review links so I can send the links directly to my customers via other channels such as a direct message on social media or via my email marketing platform

In other Platform, where I also trade in, like Etsy, my customer review rate per sale is 29.56%. Hope that helps.

Regards

Supriya 

LOKTAA

Got it, thanks again for taking the time to include these additional details, @loktaa!

I've got a good understanding of what you're referring to here and I can assure you that I've passed this directly on to our Square Online team. 

I don't expect to hear anything back from them until next week given that the Thanksgiving holidays are upon us and a lot of our US team is away at this time. However, once I do hear back from them, I'll come back to you in this thread with another update.

Look forward to an update next week @Laurie_  

Hey @Laurie_ -  Happy New Year! Any update on this?

Just stepping in for @Laurie_ while she's out of the office @loktaa 👋 We don't have an update here yet, but we'll notify you via this thread and an announcement once we do.