x

Feature Request: Add Open Tickets feature to Square for Retail

Feature Request: Add Open Tickets feature to Square for Retail

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Is having an "Open Ticket" an option in Square for Retail?

Using Square for Retail, if  Customer #1 needs to leave the counter during a transaction, can I save or suspend their ticket while I ring up Customer #2, and then go back to complete customer #1's sale?

95 Comments

We have a wine/craft beer bar BUT ALSO sell quite a bit of retail inventory (local artists, wine & beer accessories).

Currently, we are using TWO systems.  A non-square POS system for the "retail" end and the FREE Square for the bar, as it allows for tips.

We would like to integrate the two systems, but need to retain the ability for tips.  Should we be getting Square for RETAIL, Square for RESTAURANTS or keep two systems?

Help??!

Admin

Thanks for your question @FRESHWineBar!

Check out this thread where Chad asks some general questions about your needs. For example, "do you need a POS with table layouts for your restaurant? ​​" -among others. Whether you answer yes or no, his suggestions should point you in the right direction.

If you don't need a table layout, that doesn't necessarily mean that you have to then use Square for Retail. It sounds like you could even get away with using the regular Square POS set up and not use Retail. But I'm not sure how much inventory you run through on a daily or weekly basis and if you use purchase orders, etc.

We do online ordering for carryout. Is there a way to print an Order Ticket in the Square for Retail app?

Hi @hhbrewing,

Here is a guide to print an order ticket. You can set them up to print automatically through the Square app and the Square for Retail should have a very similar process. Best of luck!

There is no print button in the Square for Retail app. And you can’t set online orders to print automatically.

Alumni

Hello @hhbrewing,

Thank you for your patience.

After looking into our retail system, it is looking like this is a feature request. We've gone ahead and reached out to our team to escalate this inquiry. They should be reaching out soon. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Hello, I am looking to keep my online inventory up to date while having customers make in store purchases. The purchases would be on a "ticket" and would be paid at the end of the day. I would like the items on the ticket to be pulled from the inventory because they are being purchased, just haven't swiped a card yet. 

Please advise.

Hi @RCCA,

Are you using the open ticket system within your POS for this? Seems like the inventory count should sync as it normally does to your Weebly/Square Online Store as long as your website has track stock enabled on the items.

Beta Member

Me too!  Especially now with so many people pre-ordering and ordering online, I don't want to have someone pre-order and miss out on inventory.  Please let us know ASAP as this would help us manage our store.

Alumni

@ghalexandria

Got you down as a +1 on the back-end of this request for tracking. Totally understand that inventory tracking for open tickets is now needed more than ever in this climate. Hopefully we can get an update from our Product Team soon.