x

Feature Request: Add Open Tickets feature to Square for Retail

Feature Request: Add Open Tickets feature to Square for Retail

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Is having an "Open Ticket" an option in Square for Retail?

Using Square for Retail, if  Customer #1 needs to leave the counter during a transaction, can I save or suspend their ticket while I ring up Customer #2, and then go back to complete customer #1's sale?

95 Comments

Question is above. 

I noticed that my inventory was way off. I'm guessing because open tickets don't count against the inventory?

Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @cppantigua

Welcome to the Community! 

You're correct - the inventory won't update until the ticket it actually paid for. I moved your post to a thread where other sellers have posted similar question. 

Thank you

Beta Member

[Title changed from: Inventory Issue]

Need to track inventory but when it is on open tickets you can still buy it online   this over sells items and hard to track when busy,  Online and in house dont talk to each other basically .  One it is on a ticket it needs to take out of inventory

Thanks 

Alumni

Tracking inventory with Open Tickets is a request we're tracking. Right now, I don't see the Product Team working on implementing this feature but we'll let you know if anything changes with an update to this thread I moved you to. 

@Gordo24

I too, am having problems with a simple feature not being available. I need to be able to print individual online orders with the customer name on the order for my business. With the features presently available I either have to hand write orders or screen shot the orders. This seems like such a simple and absolutely necessary feature for businesses, especially in today’s business world with the needs for no contact delivery and pickup. Please notify me here or by message if an update for printing online orders with customer name becomes available. 

I just purchased square for retail and not having the open ticket feature is a deal breaker for me. I am a florist and the open tickets are how we process our orders. The retail was supposed to help our retail business, but I guess I will be canceling and going back to the first platform until you guys get it fixed. 

We desperately need this functionality.  Even if I go in to manually adjust something that has been put on hold, I will have to manually adjust AGAIN once the item has been paid for.  This does not work for SO many people.  Please get a team working on this ASAP.

Beta Member

Hi! We use open tickets at our bookstore to keep track of people's large book orders, adding books to their ticket as they arrive from the publishers.  When the order is complete and people are ready to pay, they either come into the shop and pay in person, or we send them an invoice (using the pay --> invoice option that clears the ticket / turns it into an invoice).  I recently tried out the "send online payment link" option from the ticket page, which I thought was really cool -- especially because it essentially turns the payment into an "order" and prints an online order ticket, which we can use to track what has been paid and what hasn't.  

The only problem is, the open ticket doesn't go away -- even after the person pays using the payment link. This seems odd to me ... shouldn't the ticket go away once the items are purchased and the bill is paid?  What are we supposed to do with that ticket now ... void it?  Seems like this leaves open the chance for things to be double charged, inventory to be double counted, etc.  Can someone explain how this should work, or is anyone else experiencing this?  Thank you! 

Alumni

Hi again @roughdraftny👋

I want to make sure we're on the same page (😉) before jumping in here. Are you using this feature?

I tried to follow the steps your provided by starting a transaction, adding items, then saving as a ticket in-app. When I clicked Tickets, I did not see an option to Send online payment link. If you aren't using the feature linked above, are you able to provide a bit more context about the type of device you are using?

Beta Member

Hi! No, I think we are not talking about the same kinds of tickets. I’m talking about the “open tickets” mode in square for retail, when you can save tickets (like bar or restaurant tabs) before charging a person. I add books, save it as a ticket (or a tab, you might say), and then we tell people they can either come into the store and pay their tab / collect their books, or we can send them an online payment link and they can pay online and then drive over for curbside pickup. 

When you open a saved ticket and click “pay,” there are a bunch of options like cash, card, gift card, etc. there are also options to “send invoice” and, now, “send payment link.”  I used to use “send invoice, and when you do that, the ticket goes away. It’s considered closed, I guess, and moved to the invoice part of the app.  But with payment link, the ticket stays there even after the payment is completed. Which is confusing because I can’t figure out what to do with the ticket ... should I just void it? Seems weird. The sale was not voided.