x

Feature Request: Add Open Tickets feature to Square for Retail

Feature Request: Add Open Tickets feature to Square for Retail

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Is having an "Open Ticket" an option in Square for Retail?

Using Square for Retail, if  Customer #1 needs to leave the counter during a transaction, can I save or suspend their ticket while I ring up Customer #2, and then go back to complete customer #1's sale?

95 Comments
Alumni

Ahhh, I see. Sorry for my confusion, @roughdraftny!

I've gone ahead and let the team know I need a bit of help with a response here, as they are the Square for Retail experts. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them. In the meantime, don't hesitate to reach out by phone if you need a response today. Our team can transfer you directly to a Retail supporter, who should have the answers you are looking for 

I was checking in on the status of doing bar (need a tip line) and retail in one system. I am currently using one but someone suggested your software so I am doing my due diligence to check my options.

Square, please add this functionality!

I would also love this option on square for retail. I own a bakery and use square. I would love for my cashiers to send tickets to the kitchen while waiting for a customer’s payment

Beta Member

please please please

Beta Member

Hi @AshleyK 

I am trying to do the same. I need self-serve and pickup/dropoff orders to print at the kitchen printer as the POS orders do.

I do not see the option Settings > Remote Orders anywhere?

We are using the reatail POS. We really need this feature so we can process *all* orders 

coming off the printer.

Thanks!

D

Beta Member

I also need this important feature. It seems like every one of the Square POS systems has its own pros and cons. For instance you can’t set a cost price on items in the restaurant or standard square app. 

Square Community Moderator

@Dirky Thanks for asking! I've merged your post to another thread (that it looks like you already found). 

While you can manage online orders through the Square for Retail app you cannot have them print like you would through the Square Point of Sale app and the Square for Restaurants app. I checked with engineering and this is a feature request they are aware of and hope to squeeze into our roadmap. 

Beta Member

Thanks @AshleyK . If I set cost prices for items on the square dashboard 'Items' and 'Online'. Can we then use the Square Point of Sale on all our iPads and have it record the cost prices and correctly report on the Dashboard profits etc?

This may actually get round the issues if that is the case.

Beta Member

Often we have a line of customers and we have the square register at the counter.  We want to be able to go through the line, take our customers order that are waiting in the line, and place it in a cart.  I want the register to be able to open up the cart for that customer by the time they get up to the register/counter.  I just want to use the IPAD/Mobile device to take the order, so we can get it in the system as a cart, but pay at the register.  It would streamline our orders a bit better, move the line quicker, and process the order quicker.  This is a retail shop that customizes designs on clothing, not a restaurant.  is this possible without opening another register/location and just linking the square business carts.  We don't have time to invoice people in line, so the register sees the invoice...we should be able to see carts as well.