x

Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc)

Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc)

The title of this post has been edited from the original: When will Sezzle be added as a payment option?

I have been losing customers because I don’t have Sezzle as my option. I really

do not want to switch over to Shopify. I love my website here at Square! When will Sezzle or even AFTERPAY be available?

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc

@Stellasmom 

Square Online is eager and excited to announce our integration of Afterpay, allowing you to offer a buy now, pay later payment option on your Square Online site.

Available now, Afterpay lets your customers pay in four equal, interest-free installments over six weeks, while you get paid in full immediately. Learn more here.

*Please Note: Only certain business types are eligible to use Afterpay at this time.

Try Afterpay at no extra charge

Through May 10, 2022, you’ll pay the same 2.9% + 30¢ processing fee for Afterpay transactions as you do on all Square Online transactions. There’s no additional setup cost or monthly fee.1 2

Benefits of accepting Afterpay

✔️   Drive incremental sales: Sellers see a 20% increase in cart conversion on average, and more repeat customers.

✔️    Increase average order value: Afterpay lets customers get what they want, when they want it, increasing average order value by up to 40%.

✔️    Attract new customers: Merchants find that 30% or more of Afterpay customers are  new to their brand.

How Afterpay works for you

✔️    Get paid upfront: You'll get paid within days for purchases made with Afterpay.

✔️    Minimize your risk: We take on the risk, including chargebacks and fraud so you can focus on growing your business.

✔️    Receive daily settlement reports: Get access to transactional information that you can use to reconcile or verify orders.

With Afterpay, you’ll never miss out on a big sale.  And unlike other installment platforms competitors, Afterpay doesn’t require additional integration—it’s automatically available as a Square payment option for Square Online, and works out of the box. You’ll  also get paid up front—we assume the risk, including chargebacks and fraud. More questions? See our support article here

Coming Soon: Afterpay will be integrated with more Square products later this year—we’ll keep you posted!

You can enable Afterpay in your Square Online checkout settings here .

Want to try Square Online for free? Learn more here.

Turning on Afterpay means you have read and consented to the Afterpay Terms and Conditions.

117 Comments

Is there any anticipation that Square will become compatible with Afterpay in the near future? 

Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community, @Timeline!

I went to look for updates, but there isn't a specific time-frame that we can share out with regard to Afterpay compatibility. If you have an active Square account, you may be interested in Square Installments. Keep in touch for updates and let us know if any other questions come up. 🙂

Ok great and this is available via square appointments and retail?

Admin

Sorry to keep you waiting! Square Installments isn't available directly in the Retail or Appointments apps, but I'd like to surface additional information internally. Can you share more details on what an ideal installment checkout flow would look like for your business?

To learn more, have a look at our Support Center: Square Installments FAQs for Business

will square offer something like after pay

Super Seller

Square offers a similar idea to that called installments.  https://squareup.com/us/en/installments

After reviewing this is only available on a $250 purchase or greater. We are a retail boutique and competing against other stores offering sezzle or Afterpay. The merchant has the ability to set the amount. This would be a game changer for my business. Is square looking at intergrading with either? 

I've seen at least one other site list Square and Viabill, so it appears that there's a way for them to coexist. Has anyone talked to a human at Square to ask about it? I've been trying to contact my account rep, but I haven't got a response to three emails after two weeks of trying.

Admin

Hello @harleec and @mpettey👋👋

Thanks for jumping in the Seller Community and bringing this up. I actually had to check with a member of our Partnerships team to get some more info on this type of service and if we offer anything similar. Unfortunately, we don't have any partner integrations similar to AfterPay right now. But it is something the team is actively looking into!

Hopefully we'll have more info to share in regards to this down the road. Stay tuned, and thanks again for being in the Community!

I want to offer Quadpay (similiar to Aferpay) to may customers.  Can anyone tell me if this is possible to intergrate the two?  If so, can you provide the step bystep directions.   It asked for the eCommerce platform that I'm using and Square is not an options, so it would have to be custom.  Below are the platforms available to choose from.  I'm told that I have have to change eCommerce platforms and I'm hoping there is another option.

PLATFORMS

Thanks a lot!