x

Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc)

Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc)

The title of this post has been edited from the original: When will Sezzle be added as a payment option?

I have been losing customers because I don’t have Sezzle as my option. I really

do not want to switch over to Shopify. I love my website here at Square! When will Sezzle or even AFTERPAY be available?

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc

@Stellasmom 

Square Online is eager and excited to announce our integration of Afterpay, allowing you to offer a buy now, pay later payment option on your Square Online site.

Available now, Afterpay lets your customers pay in four equal, interest-free installments over six weeks, while you get paid in full immediately. Learn more here.

*Please Note: Only certain business types are eligible to use Afterpay at this time.

Try Afterpay at no extra charge

Through May 10, 2022, you’ll pay the same 2.9% + 30¢ processing fee for Afterpay transactions as you do on all Square Online transactions. There’s no additional setup cost or monthly fee.1 2

Benefits of accepting Afterpay

✔️   Drive incremental sales: Sellers see a 20% increase in cart conversion on average, and more repeat customers.

✔️    Increase average order value: Afterpay lets customers get what they want, when they want it, increasing average order value by up to 40%.

✔️    Attract new customers: Merchants find that 30% or more of Afterpay customers are  new to their brand.

How Afterpay works for you

✔️    Get paid upfront: You'll get paid within days for purchases made with Afterpay.

✔️    Minimize your risk: We take on the risk, including chargebacks and fraud so you can focus on growing your business.

✔️    Receive daily settlement reports: Get access to transactional information that you can use to reconcile or verify orders.

With Afterpay, you’ll never miss out on a big sale.  And unlike other installment platforms competitors, Afterpay doesn’t require additional integration—it’s automatically available as a Square payment option for Square Online, and works out of the box. You’ll  also get paid up front—we assume the risk, including chargebacks and fraud. More questions? See our support article here

Coming Soon: Afterpay will be integrated with more Square products later this year—we’ll keep you posted!

You can enable Afterpay in your Square Online checkout settings here .

Want to try Square Online for free? Learn more here.

Turning on Afterpay means you have read and consented to the Afterpay Terms and Conditions.

117 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hey @NatLTees,

We aren't integrated in PayPal in any way and don't offer this feature. 

On my website, the customer does have the option to check out with PayPal which was the reason for my question of integrating this new PayPal feature onto the platform.

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: IN HOUSE FINANCING OPTIONS

How do I add checkout option to apply for in housing financing apps like Acima, Snap, and Affirm?

Alumni

This isn't currently an option with your Square Online website, but it looks like someone else asked about this in the Community, @rzrshop. I've gone ahead and moved your post to this thread so you can receive a notification when we have news to share about this - stay subscribed to be notified when new posts are added here!

Beta Member

Yes I am wanting this as well... this feature would help me bring in more business. 

I too am loosing sales due to not having Sezzle and we are on the verge of considering switching platforms just to be able to have it as well as "Comment Sold" I am so sad that this platform is so behind on intigrations when they were one of the firsts.  

Don’t wait.  It’s not happening anytime soon.  I’ve already moved to Ecwid and wonder how many others have already jumped ship.  So many people have asked for this.  Square doesn’t seem to care how important it is.  They are just “tracking” requests, like it’s just some unimportant extra. Hopeless. 

I also agreewith NatLTees. Many of my clients are buying from places now that offer a pay in 4 option and keep suggesting we add one as well. They're using all types from Klarna, Sezzle, Quadpay, Afterpay, etc and we recently updated our system to add PayPal mostly bc we thought we'd be able to offer their new pay in 4. I think its essential for square to add this new economical trend so we can stay up to date with our clients somehow. Im having clients tell me they choose to shop with those places over me due to that one option alone. 

The lack of this feature or others similar to it is causing many of to lose Website sales, new Clients & the loss of return Clients to the Website. This feature needs to be evaluated immediately as Square/Weebly may begin to lose Customers as they search for other platforms that does support these features. 

Beta Member

the more and more I get to know the square the more and more immature I realise it is. 

as we'd say in Australia "it's all **bleep** and wind". Great marketing, lacking the follow up. 

I look at Square for retail - cant even do a barcode stocktake/inventory. yet they claim the do "basic inventory management" knowing exactly what I have VIA way of stocktake is a very very basic thing for retail. 

Online, man there are so many things lacking, I couldn't even work out how to get a live chat feature to work (I have done this elsewhere with another platform). 

Everything seems to be the absolute bare minimum including EXTREMELY valuable things like buy now pay later etc. It's a shame, square could be great, but just isn't and wont be without significant time and development. 

They're literally nearly a decade behind their competition in most aspects of integration and online.