x

Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc)

Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc)

The title of this post has been edited from the original: When will Sezzle be added as a payment option?

I have been losing customers because I don’t have Sezzle as my option. I really

do not want to switch over to Shopify. I love my website here at Square! When will Sezzle or even AFTERPAY be available?

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc

@Stellasmom 

Square Online is eager and excited to announce our integration of Afterpay, allowing you to offer a buy now, pay later payment option on your Square Online site.

Available now, Afterpay lets your customers pay in four equal, interest-free installments over six weeks, while you get paid in full immediately. Learn more here.

*Please Note: Only certain business types are eligible to use Afterpay at this time.

Try Afterpay at no extra charge

Through May 10, 2022, you’ll pay the same 2.9% + 30¢ processing fee for Afterpay transactions as you do on all Square Online transactions. There’s no additional setup cost or monthly fee.1 2

Benefits of accepting Afterpay

✔️   Drive incremental sales: Sellers see a 20% increase in cart conversion on average, and more repeat customers.

✔️    Increase average order value: Afterpay lets customers get what they want, when they want it, increasing average order value by up to 40%.

✔️    Attract new customers: Merchants find that 30% or more of Afterpay customers are  new to their brand.

How Afterpay works for you

✔️    Get paid upfront: You'll get paid within days for purchases made with Afterpay.

✔️    Minimize your risk: We take on the risk, including chargebacks and fraud so you can focus on growing your business.

✔️    Receive daily settlement reports: Get access to transactional information that you can use to reconcile or verify orders.

With Afterpay, you’ll never miss out on a big sale.  And unlike other installment platforms competitors, Afterpay doesn’t require additional integration—it’s automatically available as a Square payment option for Square Online, and works out of the box. You’ll  also get paid up front—we assume the risk, including chargebacks and fraud. More questions? See our support article here

Coming Soon: Afterpay will be integrated with more Square products later this year—we’ll keep you posted!

You can enable Afterpay in your Square Online checkout settings here .

Want to try Square Online for free? Learn more here.

Turning on Afterpay means you have read and consented to the Afterpay Terms and Conditions.

117 Comments
Beta Member

I love square online for my business however I hope they can come up with the payment options for customers to make a purchase and pay over 4 payments every two weeks like sezzle or afterpay. I think this would increase our online sales due to everyone is shopping online because of COVID. 

I hope ya'll can provide this for us. 

Super Seller

Hello @FaithsTreasures !

This is a great idea! I know that's not an option right now for the online store.

However, you are able to make payment arrangements on invoices. Perhaps there's a way you could invoice your customers who are wanting to split payments?

Its would be totally awesome with square, can connect with Sizzle. I do have some customers asking about this.. maybe if y'all can work on something like this maybe more people can connect with y'all.. its a great system with small business just like mine.

Thank you 

Ltom 

I'm not sure what square is waiting for....EVERYONE else out there allows for installments.  This wouldn't hurt Square but would help us bring in more customers and increase purchase amounts.  With everything going on and many stores forced to close, we need all the help we can get.

I keep hearing they are "monitoring" the situation.  What more do they need to know?  There used to be an installment option but they discontinued it.....not sure why.

So how many of us are losing sales due to the fact that Square will not do financing and will not allow us to embed the PayPal financing and 4 pay into our stores. I can say i have lost over $15,000 in sales this last month alone do this issue. Would it not be nice to offer our customers a way to pay other then credit or debt card do you not believe sales of all our products would not increase with this option, do you think it fair that Square charges us almost 3% on sales and extra $79.00 a month for a store and we cannot even broaden our customer base because they will not provide us the ability to use external financing? I made good money last year I could be making more with this option and with out pressure from all of us they will not change  

Beta Member

Hi yes I totally agree with this - im losing sales by not being able to integrate other checkout options

Alumni

I've merged this thread into one where others have asked similar questions, @patc46510 + @flawlessonline. If we introduce the ability to offer third-party payment plans through your Square Online website, we will be sure to announce it here, so stay subscribed to this thread to be notified.

Yes.  Square offered a payment option but discontinued it last year.  If they don't want to do it, they should make it easier for us to partner with other companies that offer the service.  There should be an app that allows us to integrate the service.  I know I would increase sales significantly

I have TONS of customers that want me to have these kind of opens and I applied for both and both said that Square\Weebly doesn't integrate with them. But that I should write and see if you would consider doing this. Please please tell me you will offer this soon as I love weebly but if they have no intention of collaborating with some kind of after pay options I will be forced to move everything over to a different wen platform due the high demand for this option. 😩
Beta Member

I really want to switch my website to square but not offering integrations with sizzle and comment sold is stopping me. I do over $100K online a year that square is missing out on.