x

Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc)

Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc)

The title of this post has been edited from the original: When will Sezzle be added as a payment option?

I have been losing customers because I don’t have Sezzle as my option. I really

do not want to switch over to Shopify. I love my website here at Square! When will Sezzle or even AFTERPAY be available?

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc

@Stellasmom 

Square Online is eager and excited to announce our integration of Afterpay, allowing you to offer a buy now, pay later payment option on your Square Online site.

Available now, Afterpay lets your customers pay in four equal, interest-free installments over six weeks, while you get paid in full immediately. Learn more here.

*Please Note: Only certain business types are eligible to use Afterpay at this time.

Try Afterpay at no extra charge

Through May 10, 2022, you’ll pay the same 2.9% + 30¢ processing fee for Afterpay transactions as you do on all Square Online transactions. There’s no additional setup cost or monthly fee.1 2

Benefits of accepting Afterpay

✔️   Drive incremental sales: Sellers see a 20% increase in cart conversion on average, and more repeat customers.

✔️    Increase average order value: Afterpay lets customers get what they want, when they want it, increasing average order value by up to 40%.

✔️    Attract new customers: Merchants find that 30% or more of Afterpay customers are  new to their brand.

How Afterpay works for you

✔️    Get paid upfront: You'll get paid within days for purchases made with Afterpay.

✔️    Minimize your risk: We take on the risk, including chargebacks and fraud so you can focus on growing your business.

✔️    Receive daily settlement reports: Get access to transactional information that you can use to reconcile or verify orders.

With Afterpay, you’ll never miss out on a big sale.  And unlike other installment platforms competitors, Afterpay doesn’t require additional integration—it’s automatically available as a Square payment option for Square Online, and works out of the box. You’ll  also get paid up front—we assume the risk, including chargebacks and fraud. More questions? See our support article here

Coming Soon: Afterpay will be integrated with more Square products later this year—we’ll keep you posted!

You can enable Afterpay in your Square Online checkout settings here .

Want to try Square Online for free? Learn more here.

Turning on Afterpay means you have read and consented to the Afterpay Terms and Conditions.

117 Comments
Beta Member

Agree with this! Some of my customers are offered the Pay in Four with Paypal when they choose that as a payment option but it is nothing that I can offer or control. I've had many ask about Sezzle or AfterPay and would do so much better if this was an option.

Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice here in support of Afterpay coming into the Square ecosystem, @Auri. We are keeping track of interest in this feature here, and are happy to add your name. 

We will bounce back here when we have more info to share in regards to implementation. Thanks, again! 

Beta Member

It is really frustrating to pay all the additional money to use the square for real, weebly etc and not be able to integrate with other platforms.  

Beta Member

Thanks Joe, is this something that Square is planning to develop or is that still up for debate? We're a little bit stuck with what to do as we would like our in store POS and website inventory to be on the same platform but without afterpay we don't think this system could be square any more.. we would love to know if it is a future integration or not

Square Community Moderator

Hi @Auri - as a Community moderator, I'm not privy to specific timelines for product launches, but I can confirm that specific financing options are in the pipeline for the future. As soon as we have some more information to share, we will jump back here and update everyone accordingly.

Beta Member

Ok thank you

such a shame we cannot use clearpay, i torn as to weather to move to another website provider so my customers can use it 

I would love to be updated with this as well, I am using just Facebook for now but still deciding between square and shopify, I want to be sure that whatever we go with has an option for afterpay or Sezzle or something similar. 

Beta Member

Afterpay, Zippay, Humm, Latitude, LayBuy etc? 

Have had consistent questions and am honestly just really wanting a rough timeframe to be able to work out whether or not to stay with Weebly or to move across to somewhere different that provides the intergration with these finance options. 

I'm the same, I feel like almost all the other website have an integration for some kind of payment plan addition, and I'm sure I'm loosing sales to those site who are now offering it to there customers.