x

Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc)

The title of this post has been edited from the original: When will Sezzle be added as a payment option?

I have been losing customers because I don’t have Sezzle as my option. I really

do not want to switch over to Shopify. I love my website here at Square! When will Sezzle or even AFTERPAY be available?

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Stellasmom!

Welcome to the Seller Community 💡

I looked into this for you, and Square will not have the option to accept Afterpay or Sezzle in the near future. However, it is a feature request we're monitoring closely, and I'll make sure to post in this thread when I hear an update. 

Isabelle
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Stellasmom!

Welcome to the Seller Community 💡

I looked into this for you, and Square will not have the option to accept Afterpay or Sezzle in the near future. However, it is a feature request we're monitoring closely, and I'll make sure to post in this thread when I hear an update. 

Isabelle

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15

Square has been looking into this/tracking this for the past 2-3 years. I realized I was posting in the Australian community. They are requesting it over there as well. Shop owners are loosing money due to this not being a viable option. Square hasn't even come out with a comparable product. I don't want to move my shop but I will...This is just not acceptable.

Message 3 of 15

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: IN HOUSE FINANCING OPTIONS

How do I add checkout option to apply for in housing financing apps like Acima, Snap, and Affirm?

Message 4 of 15
Square Community Moderator

This isn't currently an option with your Square Online website, but it looks like someone else asked about this in the Community, @rzrshop. I've gone ahead and moved your post to this thread so you can receive a notification when we have news to share about this - stay subscribed to be notified when new posts are added here!

Valentina
Message 5 of 15
Beta Member

Yes I am wanting this as well... this feature would help me bring in more business. 

Message 6 of 15

I too am loosing sales due to not having Sezzle and we are on the verge of considering switching platforms just to be able to have it as well as "Comment Sold" I am so sad that this platform is so behind on intigrations when they were one of the firsts.  

Message 7 of 15

I'm not sure what square is waiting for....EVERYONE else out there allows for installments.  This wouldn't hurt Square but would help us bring in more customers and increase purchase amounts.  With everything going on and many stores forced to close, we need all the help we can get.

I keep hearing they are "monitoring" the situation.  What more do they need to know?  There used to be an installment option but they discontinued it.....not sure why.

Message 8 of 15

So how many of us are losing sales due to the fact that Square will not do financing and will not allow us to embed the PayPal financing and 4 pay into our stores. I can say i have lost over $15,000 in sales this last month alone do this issue. Would it not be nice to offer our customers a way to pay other then credit or debt card do you not believe sales of all our products would not increase with this option, do you think it fair that Square charges us almost 3% on sales and extra $79.00 a month for a store and we cannot even broaden our customer base because they will not provide us the ability to use external financing? I made good money last year I could be making more with this option and with out pressure from all of us they will not change  

Message 9 of 15

Hi yes I totally agree with this - im losing sales by not being able to integrate other checkout options

Message 10 of 15

I've merged this thread into one where others have asked similar questions, @patc46510 + @flawlessonline. If we introduce the ability to offer third-party payment plans through your Square Online website, we will be sure to announce it here, so stay subscribed to this thread to be notified.

Valentina
Message 11 of 15

Yes.  Square offered a payment option but discontinued it last year.  If they don't want to do it, they should make it easier for us to partner with other companies that offer the service.  There should be an app that allows us to integrate the service.  I know I would increase sales significantly

Message 12 of 15
Beta Member

I really want to switch my website to square but not offering integrations with sizzle and comment sold is stopping me. I do over $100K online a year that square is missing out on.

Message 13 of 15

Here to add another vote for installment options. Not offering this is hindering sales.

Message 14 of 15
Beta Member

It is really frustrating to pay all the additional money to use the square for real, weebly etc and not be able to integrate with other platforms.  

Message 15 of 15