x

Feature Request - Appointments Reporting

Feature Request - Appointments Reporting

We have just used square appointments for our Santa Photos Business.  Customers had to pre-book and pre-pay for their slot.  I now wish to generate a report of daily customer numbers and takings, but can only see how to do reports which reflect the amount taken on the day of booking (which may have been a week before the actual appointment time) not the actual daily takings and customer numbers.  Can anyone help?

Was also wondering if there is a report that can be generated that shows the number of appointments made each day, rather than actually manually counting them line by line.  Our appointments are only for 5 minutes so doing this isn't really cost effective..

9 Comments
Admin

Hey @Shelleyold1, thanks for getting in touch.

At the moment reporting of this nature doesn't actually exist for Square Appointments. I can see how this would be really handy to do things like determine when your busiest days are and make projections based on this data.

I've moved your post over to our Feature Requests board and we'll track requests and feedback for Appointments Reporting here moving forward. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

What about a report that shows what time of day was the busiest?  Is that possible?

Admin

Hey @Shelleyold1,

You can view some info about what time of day you're making the most sales via your Square dashboard - check out more here!

Super Seller

It would be awesome if there was a reporting function that shows future booking stats:

• Number booked currently
  • % availability
  • Forecast revenue based on bookings
  • Booking number increases week on week

This would help businesses know how they’re trekking in forward bookings to juggle staff and finances etc.

Admin

Thanks for the feedback @dieterslicke - I've moved your message across to our existing feature request thread for Appointments reporting options so we can track everything in the one place.

While I don't have any updates about if or when these options may make it into Appointments, I'll pass on your ideas and update this thread if we make any changes. I know our support team also gets a few enquiries about improved options here, hopefully they are something we'll build into a future version of Appointments.

Beta Member

Tracking Prebooking %, Client Retention % and Productivity % is crucial for salon software. I've been holding onto my square subscription because I love all the other integrations. BUT I think it might be time to switch to a software better for owners that want to track their business growth. Is there a plan to have these features available in the near future? I'd love to know.

Square Community Moderator

Hey @JocelynK,

Thanks for taking the time to write in to the Seller Community - I noticed it's your first post, welcome 👋

I've moved your message across to this thread, where we're tracking this feature request. We'll be sure to let you know of any updates here! 

I want to see the projections or at least total appointments I did that weren’t just paid in card other appointment apps all do this. Please point me in the right direction maybe I am missing something.

Square Community Moderator

Hey @GoatJay,

Thanks for writing in! Welcome to our community 👋

Reporting on Square Appointments would currently be a feature request. I've moved your post to a thread where we're currently tracking this.