x

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original:  Can automatic discounts be used on the online store?

When I create automatic discounts, such as quantity or amount discounts, they work perfectly well on my point of sale but do not work on my online store.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online webs

@phillipsrw Thank you 🙏❤️ You too! ☀️

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Has Product Insight

Hello there!

I appreciate all your patience while we work to get this feature implemented. The beta testing for this feature has currently been delayed. Our team is working very hard on the backend to resolve some roadblocks that have prevented this from going. If you would still like to join the Beta for this request you can certainly still do so. I know this is incredibly hard but I appreciate you all for hanging in there! 🙏

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Needs Beta Testers

Hi! We'll be launching a beta test for Automatic Discounts on Square Online in the next couple of weeks. Head over to Automatic Discounts for Square Online to join the Beta Community and request access to this beta test.

Verified Answer

Re: Buy 1 Get 1 Free Coupon on Square Website

Currently, the Online Store doesn't support Buy-one-get-one coupons. However, you can assign standard discounts to certain categories. From the site editor,  visit Items > Coupons > Add Coupon. You'll find an option to choose eligible categories under Discount Details at the bottom of the page. 

@be-the-light

304 Comments

Any update on this?  We are known for our BOGO discounts, but can't do this online where we are pushing traffic now. 

Alumni

@BDFUSA,

No news as of yet, but we will sure to update this thread when we hear word. 

any update on this?

Super Seller

Thanks! I figured it out in the square app dashboard but I don't see that same option in the online store.  Is it available?

Super Seller

Hi, @mattd Thanks for your help that worked on the app.  Is there a way to do it on the Weebly website, too?

Automatic discounts cannot be applied through the Online Store/Weebly, it is a current feature request. What you currently have to do is create coupon codes for specific items. You can do this from under Items > Coupons Discount Details in your Online Store Dashboard.

Is it possible to use this BOGO discount in my Weebly store?

Is it at all possible to perform a B2G1 sale on my Weebly online store?

I have a sale that I don't know how to price out. "Buy 2 Get 1 Free on anything"

Any help is appreciated.

I would also benefit from having automatic discounts added to the online store.

I only sell online and my pricing includes an unlimited sale of 'Buy 2 Get 1 Free' on any item in my online store.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to go around this while they work on adding the feature?

Thank you!

Alumni

Discounts are only usable when processing payments using the Square Point of Sale app, as opposed to the Square Online Store, where you'll need to create coupons instead. At this time, it isn't possible to offer a BOGO deal through the Square Online Store using coupons. 

To create a coupon, you'll want to read through this article from our Support Center. I've moved your post to it's own thread so that we can start tracking this as a feature request. We'll be sure to update this thread if anything changes here, @kenzie6488!