x

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original:  Can automatic discounts be used on the online store?

When I create automatic discounts, such as quantity or amount discounts, they work perfectly well on my point of sale but do not work on my online store.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online webs

@phillipsrw Thank you 🙏❤️ You too! ☀️

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Has Product Insight

Hello there!

I appreciate all your patience while we work to get this feature implemented. The beta testing for this feature has currently been delayed. Our team is working very hard on the backend to resolve some roadblocks that have prevented this from going. If you would still like to join the Beta for this request you can certainly still do so. I know this is incredibly hard but I appreciate you all for hanging in there! 🙏

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Needs Beta Testers

Hi! We'll be launching a beta test for Automatic Discounts on Square Online in the next couple of weeks. Head over to Automatic Discounts for Square Online to join the Beta Community and request access to this beta test.

Verified Answer

Re: Buy 1 Get 1 Free Coupon on Square Website

Currently, the Online Store doesn't support Buy-one-get-one coupons. However, you can assign standard discounts to certain categories. From the site editor,  visit Items > Coupons > Add Coupon. You'll find an option to choose eligible categories under Discount Details at the bottom of the page. 

@be-the-light

304 Comments

I think I figured out how to set it up under "Discounts" on the Square side but can't connect it to the Weebly side. 

Alumni

Discounts created in POS don't sync to your site. BOGO discounts aren't available just yet with the Online Store I'm afraid. 

@rkwong792

Square Community Moderator

Hey! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community. This is currently a feature request and I've merged your post to an existing thread so we can keep all the feedback in one place. Discounts created in the Point of Sale/Dashboard do not come over to the Online Store. 

If you want to create a coupon for your online store (it will not be automatically applied), then you can go to Online Store > Items > Coupon to create one. 🙂

Beta Member

We desperately need this functionality!

I am trying to set up a discount for Buy 5 get 1 free however, I don't have the option to choosein my account for automatic discount?  Where do I find this?

Square Community Moderator

Hey @soulsister! Thanks for reaching out. Are you setting up this discount for the online store or for the point of sale app? If you're setting them up for the app, you can do this under Items > Discounts and set up a conditional discount. Automatic discounts will only work for the app at this time, so if you're wanting to do this for the online store it will not work. 

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but here's my question. I recently set up a Buy One Get One Half on select items in my square ap for local selling. BUT I'd like to use this same set up for my online store....but I don't see how to create a coupon that allows for that.

Can someone please walk me through how to do this for my online shop? I know how to create coupons, but I don't see this feature that allows me to set up buy One of this item, get 50% off on this item....thanks

Alumni

This is not a feature that is currently available through your Square Online website, @HerbalMagic.

The discounts that you've created within your Square Dashboard will apply to items that you sell using Square Point of Sale. However, these discounts will not apply to items purchased through your Square Online website, as those items can be discounted using Coupons instead.

I've moved your post over to this thread where we're tracking interest in the ability to create a "buy one, get one" coupon for use through Square Online websites. We'll be sure to update this thread so that you receive a notification if something changes!

Sigh....one more thing that I can't do. Thanks for responding.

If an automatic discount is already set up for onsite/in-person sales, would the same discount be applied to a purchase for that item in the online store? We are trying to decide whether or not to set up an online store, we would need the prices/discounts to match exactly .