x

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original:  Can automatic discounts be used on the online store?

When I create automatic discounts, such as quantity or amount discounts, they work perfectly well on my point of sale but do not work on my online store.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online webs

@phillipsrw Thank you 🙏❤️ You too! ☀️

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Has Product Insight

Hello there!

I appreciate all your patience while we work to get this feature implemented. The beta testing for this feature has currently been delayed. Our team is working very hard on the backend to resolve some roadblocks that have prevented this from going. If you would still like to join the Beta for this request you can certainly still do so. I know this is incredibly hard but I appreciate you all for hanging in there! 🙏

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Needs Beta Testers

Hi! We'll be launching a beta test for Automatic Discounts on Square Online in the next couple of weeks. Head over to Automatic Discounts for Square Online to join the Beta Community and request access to this beta test.

Verified Answer

Re: Buy 1 Get 1 Free Coupon on Square Website

Currently, the Online Store doesn't support Buy-one-get-one coupons. However, you can assign standard discounts to certain categories. From the site editor,  visit Items > Coupons > Add Coupon. You'll find an option to choose eligible categories under Discount Details at the bottom of the page. 

@be-the-light

304 Comments

Hopefully this request could be fulfilled sooner than later. I’ve been hoping for this since March 2020 (when I found out automatic discounts don’t sync). It’s been hard to run my business without my normal pricing. 

Also hoping to get this feature... 

The only feature I need to make the full switch from Shopify 😞 

Beta Member

This is such a basic feature.  It should be a given from any online store host.  Also, it looked like it was available in 2019 but isn't anymore.  People have been asking for this on this thread since March.  How hard is it to include this?  I am seriously thinking of switching to a different platform.

This is so true!  The  newest format for marketing emails makes a note in the footnote section that we, as users, CANNOT change that says "for use in store and online-if applicable."  Its so misleading to customers who try to use the in store coupons online.  And it is indeed ridiculous that they are not interchangeable.  The newest marketing coupon form even says, while you are writing it, "coupons can be used in store and in Square online, click here for more info"...you CANNOT use them online and in store.  The language needs to be cleaned up.  This should have been a feature that was added months ago as so many of us needed to move our brick and mortar items into online orders for pick up items.  They are the same things...discounts need to be able to be made across the board instead of treating us like our brick and mortar stores are completely separate from our online stores.  They are not!

this is a basic online store promo tool that should be available i wanted to do a buy 5 get 1 free option.

Is this function liable to be added to onin estore please

I need to set Buy One, Get One Free purchases on my ONLINE store. 
I also want to set-up discount rules - such as, it only works when certain quantities are ordered.

Please answer yes or no if it is possible and guide me on how it can be set-up. 

Square Community Moderator

I moved your post to this thread @asmallnguyen. Please see Isabelle's best answer for creating coupons for your online store. It's not possible to create a BOGO coupon at this time, but it is something that should be coming soon. 

BEST ANSWER

Actually I have been in contact with the techs about this issue.  The work around I found is actually the only available fix, as the POS system of auto discounts cannot be applied for Online sales.  I created a discount code that the customer employs (ex. Holiday20) when checking out and it is automatically applied to their purchase.  You as the vendor have to set the parameters that the discount code will work for; such as the dates, the amount of the discount whether it will be a percentage off, or a dollar amount.  I have been using this for the past month during the holiday period and it has work seamlessly.  In my conversations with the techs, this seems to be the only way it will work.  Hope that helps.

Beta Member

Thank you, but this doesn’t work if you’re just trying to get the discount to apply to particular items. It works for the entire order only.

Yes it does.  Check out the instructions.  It allows you to apply it to specific items or quantities.

Go to the items and check off the ones you want to apply it to.  See example

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 3.59.44 PM.png