x

Feature Request: BOGO - Buy one, get one coupon code on my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Buy 1 Get 1 Free Coupon on Square Website

Is there a way to create a "buy 1 get 1 free" coupon on certain categories in the website? I know you can do it in the mobile app but that doesn't allow for that coupon code to be used in the created website. PLEASE HELP!

Message 1 of 40
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Currently, the Online Store doesn't support Buy-one-get-one coupons. However, you can assign standard discounts to certain categories. From the site editor,  visit Items > Coupons > Add Coupon. You'll find an option to choose eligible categories under Discount Details at the bottom of the page. 

@be-the-light

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Best Answer

Currently, the Online Store doesn't support Buy-one-get-one coupons. However, you can assign standard discounts to certain categories. From the site editor,  visit Items > Coupons > Add Coupon. You'll find an option to choose eligible categories under Discount Details at the bottom of the page. 

@be-the-light

Justin

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 40

Is it possible to use this BOGO discount in my Weebly store?

-Christa Salem
Message 3 of 40

Discounts are only usable when processing payments using the Square Point of Sale app, as opposed to the Square Online Store, where you'll need to create coupons instead. At this time, it isn't possible to offer a BOGO deal through the Square Online Store using coupons. 

To create a coupon, you'll want to read through this article from our Support Center. I've moved your post to it's own thread so that we can start tracking this as a feature request. We'll be sure to update this thread if anything changes here, @kenzie6488!

Valentina
Message 4 of 40

Is it at all possible to perform a B2G1 sale on my Weebly online store?

I have a sale that I don't know how to price out. "Buy 2 Get 1 Free on anything"

Any help is appreciated.

-Christa Salem
Message 5 of 40

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but here's my question. I recently set up a Buy One Get One Half on select items in my square ap for local selling. BUT I'd like to use this same set up for my online store....but I don't see how to create a coupon that allows for that.

Can someone please walk me through how to do this for my online shop? I know how to create coupons, but I don't see this feature that allows me to set up buy One of this item, get 50% off on this item....thanks

Message 6 of 40

This is not a feature that is currently available through your Square Online website, @HerbalMagic.

The discounts that you've created within your Square Dashboard will apply to items that you sell using Square Point of Sale. However, these discounts will not apply to items purchased through your Square Online website, as those items can be discounted using Coupons instead.

I've moved your post over to this thread where we're tracking interest in the ability to create a "buy one, get one" coupon for use through Square Online websites. We'll be sure to update this thread so that you receive a notification if something changes!

Valentina
Message 7 of 40

Sigh....one more thing that I can't do. Thanks for responding.

Message 8 of 40

Right?  It's needed

Message 9 of 40

this is a basic online store promo tool that should be available i wanted to do a buy 5 get 1 free option.

Is this function liable to be added to onin estore please

Message 10 of 40

We most certainly need this feature.  Please take this up the ladder

Message 11 of 40

Is there a way to add buy one get one free? 

Message 12 of 40

Are you asking about creating a buy one, get one coupon for use in your Square Online website, @radiantbeauty? Or are you asking about a discount for use through your Square Point of Sale app?

It's not possible to create a buy one, get one style coupon for your website at this time - we're tracking this as a feature request here. You can learn how to create a buy one, get one discount by following the steps outlined in this article from our Support Center.

Valentina
Message 13 of 40

Ok! I really want to have a buy one get one free or buy two get one free for Black Friday.

Message 14 of 40

Even a buy one get one half off I’d like to have for Black Friday or buy two get one half off. And I’m talking about online store

Message 15 of 40

@radiantbeauty I would reference @Valentina's post above. Thanks so much for clarifying, but this is only possible in the point of sale app. I've merged your post with an existing thread so we can keep all of these requests in one place. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 16 of 40

We really need a BOGO option for the website please

Message 17 of 40

I am wanting to set up a Square site to promote my online classes. I am wondering if there is a feature where I can offer tier/bundle pricing? I would like to offer one service for $25. Two services of their choice for $35. Five services of their choice for $80... and so on. Is there a way that I can create this in Square and how do I go about setting that up? Any help would be awesome 

Message 18 of 40

Hi @ArtDiva! Are you wanting to use this in alignment with Appointments? If so, that is not possible. If you are just wanting to use this with Square Online then you can create multiple item sets with these bundles for your customers to choose from. 

I hope this helps in some way, but if not please let me know a little more of what you're looking for and I can take another look.

AshleyK
Message 19 of 40

Hey thanks for the reply back. really appreciate it. I was thinking more of customers being able to choose single items that they can bundle themselves rather than me creating bundles of items for them to choose from. For example. If a customer like item A and wants to bundle with Item D they can and with choosing two items they can get a discount. If customer wants item D, item B and item F as a bundle they get a further discount. Customer chooses their items and pricing gets reduced as they chooses more. Does this make sense? 

I am wanting to sell online art courses on select designs and the more courses they purchase the price get discounted. The cart automatically updates the pricing with the discount the more they want to buy. Wonder if Square can do this? 

Message 20 of 40

@ArtDiva, this unfortunately is also a feature request. I'm going to merge your post with another thread that's asking for "buy one get one" pricing, and while I know that it's not the exact feature, it's still pretty similar to the "group discount" request you had. I hope you are able to find some workarounds in that thread!

AshleyK
Message 21 of 40