x

Feature Request: Cash calculator to help calculate total at the end of the night

Feature Request: Cash calculator to help calculate total at the end of the night

When closing out the cash drawer for the night it would be great to have a shift form that allows you to type in the number of each denomination and the automatically calculate the total vs manually adding it and typing it in. Similar to the screenshot below.

IMG_6085.PNG

5 Comments
Alumni

Thanks for posting this @cdelord! Where did you get that screenshot from? I'll share it with the team that works on this feature.

Also, where do you usually end up wanting to count cash - on your phone or computer? 

It is from a different POS app that we currently use. But we are looking to switch over to just using square. We always have our employees count the cash drawer at the point of sale terminal to close out the shift. Then I recount it the next morning to ensure accuracy and make a deposit using the shift closing report.

I second this request. Has there been any progress on this?

Admin

No news yet @A4ALLC! What type of business do you have? Do you have employees who would also find this useful? Any additional information you can share about how this would help your business will help the Point of Sale team! 

@Helen 

We find this to be an important feature that's lacking as well! We are a custom gift retail store and only use the single cash register so there are 2 things that would be VERY helpful.

First, a count down screen as was pictured for closing the cash drawer. This saves time and reduces errors for employees counting down the cash at the end of the day.

Second, for the closing cash to populate automatically for opening the drawer the next day. As mentioned, we use only the single drawer so we don't count out a new drawer every morning - it opens with the same cash as was closed the night before. Currently we print the drawer report at the register and leave it so the amount can be entered. Our previous POS (NCR) filled in this amount as a suggestion that could be edited or accepted as needed.