x

Feature Request: Conditional discounts (price breaks based on quantities)?

Any chance that Square might introduce conditional discounts (price breaks based on quantities)?

Basically, we need it to be $1 for one, or $0.50 if 30 or more of one variant is purchased.

If square can get this feature, I would love to move our e-commerce platform over to Square!

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @taylorwiebe! Just to let you know Conditional Discounts are available with Square! This Support Centre article has a few FAQs about setting up discounts. Hope this helps! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

@taylorwiebe This is a feature that is actually in the works of being launched soon! You can check here for updates!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 9
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @taylorwiebe! Just to let you know Conditional Discounts are available with Square! This Support Centre article has a few FAQs about setting up discounts. Hope this helps! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 9

Hello Helen,

From what I understand it only works with the physical location and terminal and not the e-commerce store. 

Message 4 of 9
Admin

Hi again @taylorwiebe, I'm so sorry I missed your reply!

You're right, automatic (conditional) discounts are currently only available on the Square Terminal and the Square Point of Sale app. In the meantime, you can offer discounts using promo codes in your Online Store.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 9

I'm wondering if this feature will ever be available in the Online Store.

I'd love to move to Square but this is a dealbreaker for me. Promo codes aren't a great idea because I have quite a few categories of products which means a lot of codes for customers to remember.

Thanks!

Sue

Message 6 of 9

Hello!

I read the FAQ on this topic but it appears to be drastically out of date. I am only able to locate Coupons in my Square Dashboard and some of the options mentioned in the FAQ are no longer available.

Is there a newer solution for this issue? I want to be able to offer a discount that is automatically applied when a customer purchases more than one of my signed art prints.

Thanks!

Meredith

Message 7 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @graphiteorchid - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community with your question👋

From my understanding based on your ask, the closest discount type we have to this would be a quantity-based discount. You can choose to have a discount trigger when either a) an exact number, or b) a minimum number of items are added to the cart.

Learn more about setting up automatic discounts here. If you don't find a discount type that meets your business team, this would be considered a feature request.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let us know if you have any additional questions. Always happy to help! 😊

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 9

Thanks so much Alanah! I did some digging and was able to find that answer, but it doesn't seem to apply to my online store. I'm only able to create coupons online, and the discounts that I try to set up in the dashboard don't get applied to my online store unfortunately. 

It's frustrating to not be able to do that online, but at least I got my answer.

Thank you so much for your response!

Meredith

Message 9 of 9