x

Feature Request: Customize existing Prep Time

Hi Is there any way there could be a custom prep time as oppose to the set prep times already provided. I know under Items there is a place where we could choose Prep Times but we are limited to the times pre set by Square. 1 hour, 2 hour, 3 hour etc... I wanted to select 12 hours as my prep tume but the closest time is either 5 hours or 1 business day ( which is 24 hours), Currently my business does next day deliveries between 5pm and 8:30pm only If I select 1 business day and someone tries to place an order online lets say on Monday sometime in the evening 9pm or after, the system uses the 24 hr ( 1 business day) rule and provides an option for delivery on Wed and not Tuesday because Tuesday 8:30pm the location closes for delivery. Similarly, With a 5 hour prep time, customer can place an order on Monday up until 3pm for the system to allow that order to be processed on the same day ( since 3+5 = 830pm) which we do not want. We only provide deliveries the next day. With a 12 hour prep time, I will be able to eliminate 90% of this problem, except for the fact that the customer will be able to place an order up until 8:30am on the same day ( which I am ok with). I know instead of scheduled deliveries, I can opt for non scheduled deliveries as a workaround but I like the fact that the scheduled deliveries tells the customers right away when they will expect their delivery. I believe its a very simple edit on Square's end but it would help businesses streamline their processes. Thank you
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello @FahimM!

Thank you for your feedback. I can see how it would be helpful to be able to offer only certain dates/times for scheduled orders. 

I'll make sure to pass your feedback along. 

Have a great day! 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2